zibbcnt/ot and ivpbbc

CWW

I don't know if this is appropriate to post this here. I apologise if it is not and please delete this post.

I have the IVP Essentials module with IVPBBC. I looking for opinions especially from those who have used both the IVP and Zondervan commentaries. What will I gain from ZIBB over the IVP ones? Or rather, what added benefits would I have from both these commentaries together? I tried searching for this on the internet but came up with very little specific information.

This might be a great podcast to do but I don't think it will be in time for the present promotional pricing.

Really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Wei

I have the IVP Essentials module with IVPBBC. I looking for opinions especially from those who have used both the IVP and Zondervan commentaries. What will I gain from ZIBB over the IVP ones? Or rather, what added benefits would I have from both these commentaries together? I tried searching for this on the internet but came up with very little specific information.

I have both and appreciate each for their unique features. In essence they are both first and foremost commentaries. In that sense they are like owning more than one commentary, one is given more than one perspective. The feature that distinguishes these commentaries is their emphasis on background. Like regular commentaries, they may shine offering very helpful and concise information in one passage but offer little in another. There are two areas where I feel that the ZIBBCNT excels over the IVP series. 1. the graphical content. Many of the excellent photos in the print editions were brought into the module. 2. the "Reflections" section offers practical observations which adds to the value of the commentary. I do not have the ZIBBOT yet, but it is on my "wanted" list.

Hope this helps,

Tony Lawrence

Also worthy of mention is the difference in size between ZIBBCNT and IVPBBC-NT. The latter is a one-volume commentary, while the former is four volumes. As such, ZIBBCNT is also a little pricier than the IVP collection, but you do get the graphics, and the introductory materials for each biblical book are a bit longer. The ZIBBCNT in Accordance is also a newer module and thus has additional extra-textual hyperlinks to modules mentioned within the text. Both are excellent complements to one another, although the ZIBBCNT wins in terms of sheer "girth."

Archived