Announcing The Carta Collection

Helen Brown

Carta offers an outstanding collection of Bible Atlases and books on the historical geography of the Bible. We are thrilled to present 13 volumes in Accordance. Each book is richly illustrated with original artwork, reconstructions, drawings, and diagrams. These are must-have volumes for anyone interested in the background of the Bible, and for teachers at every level.

This page summarizes each volume and each combo package in the collection.

Watch the Carta podcast describing each volume and showcasing the wonderful illustrations.

I watched the podcast explaining the Carta collection. I don't want to buy the complete collection, and the introductory collection seems too basic for me. I am not interested in Omnosticon, so the Scholar's collection is also not for me. I'm a bit confused by the explanation of the Select combo. The podcast described it has having the "top module in each category." However, based on the descriptions of the modules on the web site and in the podcast, I see only three categories - Atlases, Jerusalem, and Temple. If it was just the top module, I would have expected only three modules in the Select combo. I'm sure there is repetition among the modules. If I really wanted to get the minimum number of modules with no repetition, which would I buy?

For example, If I am getting "Sacred Bridge," which seems the most comprehensive, why do I need the "Bible Atlas?"

Anything else you can explain would be helpful.

It wasn't easy to come up with combos that would be meaningful. Sorry if they seem confusing. There's nothing to stop you just picking the volumes you most need.

I can answer the question as to why get the Bible Atlas as well as The Sacred Bridge. The latter is a totally new, extremely comprehensive and in-depth work. It's amazing and will be the standard by which future works are judged. However, it is all new, and we don't agree with Carta's website that it replaces the Carta Bible Atlas. That is the latest edition of the Macmillan Bible Atlas. Its detailed routes and maps are still extremely valuable, and are not repeated in The Sacred Bridge. They are also useful for monochrome printing of handouts.

Hi Helen:

I get the "Lighting the Lamp" podcasts automatically through iTunes. The latest one on the Carta maps, though, isn't coming through. I am getting the message "There was a problem downloading 'Lighting the Lamp.'" It goes on to say that the URL could not be found on the server.

The link works for me. Maybe quit and reopen iTunes?

The link works for me. Maybe quit and reopen iTunes?

Hi Joel:

I closed and reopened iTunes and even restarted my computer, but nothing.

Hi Joel:

I closed and reopened iTunes and even restarted my computer, but nothing.

I just went ahead and downloaded the podcast from the iTunes store, but I still have that exclamation mark next to the "Lighting the Lamp" section in my list of podcasts in iTunes.

It wasn't easy to come up with combos that would be meaningful. Sorry if they seem confusing. There's nothing to stop you just picking the volumes you most need.

I can answer the question as to why get the Bible Atlas as well as The Sacred Bridge. The latter is a totally new, extremely comprehensive and in-depth work. It's amazing and will be the standard by which future works are judged. However, it is all new, and we don't agree with Carta's website that it replaces the Carta Bible Atlas. That is the latest edition of the Macmillan Bible Atlas. Its detailed routes and maps are still extremely valuable, and are not repeated in The Sacred Bridge. They are also useful for monochrome printing of handouts.

Thank you - that helps a bit. I know that I can purchase each module individually. I am trying to figure out what I want. I want to purchase the most comprehensive volume in each category, without duplication. I think now that I understand the difference between Quest and Ency Temple.

A second question: How do you calculate the value of each Combo collection? For example, the price of each item in the Select collection purchased individually is $345. However, the value at the top of that column in the chart is $340.

That's just my mistake, I will check them again.

Actually, I think $340 is correct.

I just went ahead and downloaded the podcast from the iTunes store, but I still have that exclamation mark next to the "Lighting the Lamp" section in my list of podcasts in iTunes.

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial post. I thought you were reporting that the file had a bad link, not the podcast. It seems some backend website changes over the last few days temporarily broke the feed, but it should be fixed now. If you refresh, the link should be back and good.

Thanks for reporting.

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial post. I thought you were reporting that the file had a bad link, not the podcast. It seems some backend website changes over the last few days temporarily broke the feed, but it should be fixed now. If you refresh, the link should be back and good.

Thanks for reporting.

Thanks, Joel. I had the same problem Steve had, but it is working now.

Archived