Installing Word Bib Commentary

JJC

I've just dowloaded Accordance 9, and also have Word Biblical Commentary to install (CDrom). However, the CD seems to have an earlier version of Accordance installation on it. If I go through and put WBC on my computer, will it also automatically re-install Accordance (but in the earlier version, 7, I think it is)? Or will it just install the content of WBC itself? I just don't want to have problems with conflicting versions. And I'm new to Macs, so maybe this is an obvious question. Just thought I'd doublecheck.

Thanks!

Josh

You can run the installer on the disk and let it create a new Accordance folder in Applications. DO NOT run the older Accordance, but run Accordance 9 and it should extract the modules and dispose of the folder.

However, this may not yet be 100% reliable, so it really is just as easy, for this CD, to copy the Text and Tool modules to the relevant folders in

/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules

or

user/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules

and then use Add Modules in the plus menu at the bottom of the Library window to add them into Accordance. No codes are needed for these modules.

Hmm, I don't have anything to do with Accordance in my Library/Application Support. Under User/Preferences, I have Accordance preferences, but nothing else to do with accordance that I can see. Is there somewhere else it might be?

thanks!

O! I was looking under my home 'places', not the main Hard drive. I found the folder you're talking about. thanks!

Josh

Archived