Problem Printing Helena

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I just installed the Scholar's Core bundle, and I'm ecstatic, except that Helena isn't printing correctly.

Initially after the install, certain rough breathing marks (but not all) showed up as narrow boxes, as did the parapgraph symbol. Reading the Font pdf led me to turn off font smoothing, and that fixed the problem. (Somewhat to my surprise, as the Font pdf only indicated that turning off font smoothing would fix blurring fonts, not accent problems). When I printed the same pane of text, however, the boxes showed up in my printed text, even though the screen was still ok.

I don't find anything about the printing issue in the Font pdf, nor in the User's Manual under printing.

I'm running Accordance 6.9.1 on an iMac with System 9.0.4. My printer is an HP DeskJet 648C.

Thanks!

Lorinda Hoover

Helen,

I did download the zip file as you suggested, but my Stuff-it Expander can't unzip it. (Something about a zip header it doesn't recognize). This may be due to the age of my Stuff-it Expander utility, and I am willing to see if I can upgrade it, but before I go to that trouble, I wanted to clarify something. All the information on the Accordance website indicates that Font Fixer is for System X. I'm running system 9.0.4. Will the Font Fixer work on System 9?

As a further update, I'm having similar problems with my Powerbook 1400, running system 8. On the screen, the fonts look just fine (and there is no "font smoothing" option in the Appearance control panel), but certain accents print as rectangles on the HP Deskwriter 600 I have it hooked up to. Interestingly, it prinits some words correctly that my system 9 set-up does not, but others it prints wrong. I'm working with a small sample at the moment (Mark 1:4-11), so I can't tell if the laptop is printing some accents wrong that the iMac is printing correctly.

That nuisance aside, I am loving the scholar's core bundle. My husband came home last night and laughed to see how gleeful I was about setting up construct windows to track down certain sytanx arrangements-all done just for the fun of it.

Blessings,

Lorinda

Font Fixer is only needed for OS X. I suggest you look in your Fonts folder in the System folder, and remove any copies of our fonts that have .fam or .famTrueType on them. Just leave Accordance fonts, and the PostScript files, if your printer is a PostScript printer.

Helen,

I didn't find any fonts with .fam or .famTrueType in their names. Only the Accordance Suitcase and the Post Script fonts. I pulled the Post Script fonts, since my printer is not a Post Script Printer, but that didn't make any difference.

Blessings,

Lorinda

Archived