Workspace Names in Window List

pkoebbe

HI. I just upgraded to 9.1 and the first thing I noticed was the names of my workspaces are not showing in the window list as they were. Instead of "Family Devotion (OT)" or "Sermon Preparation", now I just see what appears to be the name of the zone. I have just one zone in use (so it will behave like v. 8), and if I have just one tab, the name of the zone is the name of the search text (e.g., NIV-G/K) and that is what I see in the window list. If I add a second search text, the name of the zone changes to either "English Texts" or "Texts" (depending on whether the new search text is an English translation or not) and that is what I see in the Window List. If I then add BDAG, the zone name changes to "Mixed" and *that* is what I see in the window list. But never do I see "Sermon Preparation", which is what is going to help me figure out which workspace I should switch to.

Is this an intended change or an oopsie with v9.1? If planned, may I petition for a preference to display workspace names in the window list?

Peace,

Phillip

For anyone else experiencing this and wondering about it, I submitted an email to support and got this reply from Helen:

We have received several complaints about this change (designed to help the user who hasn't renamed his workspaces) and have plans to update the feature soon.

Yay!

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded to 9.1.1 and it's much better now. The window list shows the workspace name regardless of how many tabs are open. I did notice, though, that when switching between workspaces, the currently active one is always moved to the bottom of the list. This makes it difficult to remember where they are as you switch between them. I can't remember if this was how it worked before. I did a quick check with Pages '09 and TextMate and the file names are sorted alphabetically without regard to case and remain in that order as the active document is changed. Can anyone confirm if that is Mac standard? If that is the standard, might there be an option in Accordance to follow it?

Archived