Speed Issues Acc 9.1

Peter Maddison

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else has speed issues with 9.1. My experience is that when I create zones, the response from Accordance drops off significantly. I remove the zones, and still I have speed issues. I restart Acc 9.1 and use the workspace without zones and speed is not a problem. Other graphics intensive applications run fine. (Adobe CS4, FCP Studio 3 etc)

I run an iMac 24", 2.93 Intel core duo, 4Gb Ram, Nvidia graphics card, 256MB VRAM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

Mine is slower as well, it seems to be directly related to how many resources are loading/loaded.

I have learned to keep things pretty clean and close things I am not using constantly in my session.

Blessings,

Rusty+

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else has speed issues with 9.1. My experience is that when I create zones, the response from Accordance drops off significantly. I remove the zones, and still I have speed issues. I restart Acc 9.1 and use the workspace without zones and speed is not a problem. Other graphics intensive applications run fine. (Adobe CS4, FCP Studio 3 etc)

I run an iMac 24", 2.93 Intel core duo, 4Gb Ram, Nvidia graphics card, 256MB VRAM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

I have the same problem too. Whenever I create zones, the scroll speed is very slow. Once I disable the zone and restart accordance 9, the scroll speed is back to normal.

But still, there are some glitches here and there, just not that smooth as before (accordance 8)

Chris

Can everyone that is reporting slow response perhaps post a picture of the workspace, or describe what aspect of Accordance now feels slow? It is when typing, letters not showing up? Selections not appearing immediately? Searches themselves running slower? Scrolling? If it is scrolling, scrolling in what method (mousewheel vs. dragging the bar, vs arrows, other)? Resizing of a window? Moving a window around?

I ask because I just again ran some tests for myself. Even with four zones open, each zone individually is still running at full speed for typing, scrolling, searching, etc. What is a little slower is resizing of the entire window or zone dividers, but given that Accordance 8 didn't have zones, I'm not sure how to make a fair comparison.

Hi Joel,

What I am referring is the zone dividers and scrolling. Every time I open the application, the speed is acceptable. However, when I add more panes or simply add one more panel within the zone (for example, adding a commentary or a text), the application will start to be slow, especially scrolling. Then, what I would do it to quit the application and restart again; then, the speed will be back to normal for a while.

In short, I have to keep quitting the program and restarting program.

Here is a screenshot; as you can see I only only three panes, and one of them have two panels. Not complicated but still I think the speed is an issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Can everyone that is reporting slow response perhaps post a picture of the workspace, or describe what aspect of Accordance now feels slow? It is when typing, letters not showing up? Selections not appearing immediately? Searches themselves running slower? Scrolling? If it is scrolling, scrolling in what method (mousewheel vs. dragging the bar, vs arrows, other)? Resizing of a window? Moving a window around?

I ask because I just again ran some tests for myself. Even with four zones open, each zone individually is still running at full speed for typing, scrolling, searching, etc. What is a little slower is resizing of the entire window or zone dividers, but given that Accordance 8 didn't have zones, I'm not sure how to make a fair comparison.

post-4011-051237900 1290052869_thumb.png

Archived