Open resource in the new window

Guntis

I have several resources in the main application window, like NRSVS, EBC, Metzger Text Commentary, WBC-NT at the top and Barne's Notes (NT), EBC Notes, IVP-NT Commentary, Outlines in the bottom part of the screen. Sometimes I wish I could click on some button and have some resource being opened in the separate floating window. Just to have larger reading area. Pulling middle dividing bar up and down is not always so desirable as it changes all other resources' panes also. For example, from time to time I need a larger Outlines section. I wish I could right-click in the pane's button bar (switch orientation, change text size) and have "Open in separate window" command available. Or something similarly simple. 1 or 2 clicks, like Command or Option + click (or double-click) in the empty part of the button bar opens current resource in the separate window. Please make it for v. 8?

I have several resources in the main application window, like NRSVS, EBC, Metzger Text Commentary, WBC-NT at the top and Barne's Notes (NT), EBC Notes, IVP-NT Commentary, Outlines in the bottom part of the screen. Sometimes I wish I could click on some button and have some resource being opened in the separate floating window. Just to have larger reading area. Pulling middle dividing bar up and down is not always so desirable as it changes all other resources' panes also. For example, from time to time I need a larger Outlines section. I wish I could right-click in the pane's button bar (switch orientation, change text size) and have "Open in separate window" command available. Or something similarly simple. 1 or 2 clicks, like Command or Option + click (or double-click) in the empty part of the button bar opens current resource in the separate window. Please make it for v. 8?

We actually have an idea that should effectively do this for you, but it wasn't able to make it into 9.1. Until it makes it in, try just detaching the tab with Command-Option-T, which brings the active tab into its own separate window. You'll have to use your mouse to merge it back into your workspace afterwards, but this may be a good solution for now.

I think he wants to turn a pane into a new window in version 8...

• 1 month later...

I think he wants to turn a pane into a new window in version 8...

Not anymore! Just bought v.9, so now I can wait for this feature in v.9! :)

Archived