No Parentheses Around Text Name in Citation Reference

Brett K.

I've attached a screen shot from Accordance's help documentation that shows what I'm trying to do. Accordance used to do this. I'm not sure what has changed.

When I copy as a citation from a text tool, there are no parentheses around the text name in the citation reference. It looks like this: Gen 1:1 KJV. As you can see in the help screen shot, I would like it to look like this: Gen 1:1 (KJV). If I put parentheses in the citation references preference, then I get this: (Gen 1:1 KJV).

How do I get it formatted as it is seen in the screen shot?

Thanks

--

Brett

post-734-090450000 1290987070_thumb.jpg

Anyone? Any ideas at all? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

--

Brett

Sorry for not replying sooner.

If you go to Preferences -> Citation, there are the boxes marked 'Markers' that determine what occurs before and after the different parts of the citation. Here's an example of my setup:

And it gives me:

"Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship." (Romans 12:1 HCSB)

Yes, that is the problem. In the past, Accordance could be set so that only the text abbreviation is in parentheses. See the screen shot from the Accordance help documentation I included in my first post. How do you get parentheses around only the text abbreviation as seen in that screen shot (i.e. no parentheses around the verse reference)?

Thanks

--

Brett

• 5 weeks later...

Any news on this? I know I'm not dreaming it up since you can see it in the screen shot from Accordance's help documentation (attached to first message in thread).

Previously in Accordance you could format a citation to look like this (as displayed in the screen shot): Gen 1:1 (ESV)

Now the citation comes out like this: (Gen 1:1 ESV)

How do you get the parentheses around just the text name and not the entire reference?

Thanks

Brett

The screenshot comes from the Help files, and I think it is an error. I have checked version 9.1, 8.4.7, and 7.4.2 and none of them did this. The code for this part of the software has not changed. You will need to edit the reference yourself to get it to look like this. Sorry for misleading you.

Archived