Library Organization

Timothy Jenney

A user asked me for my Library organization. We've had so many changes since we last discussed this, I thought it was time for a new discussion. Here is my organization, which I printed as a .pdf. Feel free to share yours!

Dr. J's Library.pdf

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Thanks for posting this Dr. J. My what a big library you have :)

• 1 year later...

Along these same lines, I would LOVE to see how Dr. J would organize his library if all he had was the Essential Collection. I just recently upgraded to Essential, but I'm so new to all of the resources, especially in the Greek and Hebrew arena, that I don't really know which ones should be listed first in each category so I can take the best advantage of the Option-click on a word for Instant Details and Amplify's definitions.

Plus I would love to see how he would organize the Tools section of his Essential only Library.

Thanks!

Christi

I also recently upgraded to the Essentials collection and agree that it would be interesting to see how Dr. J would organize it.

Blessings,

Tim

In case you are interested, I was able to take Dr J.'s file above and actually make it readable and editable. If you'd like a copy of it in either a TextEdit or Pages file format, please visit this thread: http://www.accordanc...l=&fromsearch=1

I was unable to upload a file as a reply to this topic, so I had to make a new topic.

UPDATE: Come to find out (thanks Helen Brown) that you CAN attach a file to reply by clicking the More Reply Options button. My bad. I thought I looked there before but apparently I didn't. ;-)

Dr J's Library Organization.zip

Edited by millca

Thanks Christi, this will be very useful.

Blessings,

Tim

Is there a simple way (like using a single file or something) to transfer my library organization from my iMac to my MacBook?

Is there a simple way (like using a single file or something) to transfer my library organization from my iMac to my MacBook?

I tried this

http://www.accordanc...h=1

but didn't realize that I had to type chflags nohidden ~/Library first.

Okay, I got a copy of my organization on my macbook now!

Edited by Chuck Schneider

Not sure it is possible, but hopefully someone will chip in with some really great news that is and tell us how to pull it off. Setting things up to be consistent among my various Macs is also a high priority for me.

Okay, it seems to be a combination of the

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Texts

and

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Tools

files.

When those two files are copied, my library organization is copied over.

Edited by Chuck Schneider