Installing Piper Module

kevinplarson

Last time I installed from a DVD (Zondervan suite), I had some problems. I got the Piper sermon DVD and I wanna make sure nothing bad happens. This DVD, it seems, has Accordance 8 on it (I think the problem from last time). How do I go about installing this, while already running version 9, without installing 8? What are my steps?

You should have no problems either way.

1. Quit Accordance 9. Run the Piper installer. Do NOT run Accordance 8. Run Accordance 9 and do the Check for Updates to add the last year of the sermons.

or

2. 1. Copy the modules into Library/Application support/Accordance/Modules/Texts or Tools. Run Accordance 9, add the modules via the menu at the bottom of the Library window, and do the Check for Updates to add the last year of the sermons.

i can't tell but it really looks like it's installing 8 when i clicked on the installer... ugh

It will install 8, but afterwards DO NOT run 8. Run 9, and it should merge the 8 installation in.

When it works Accordance 9 removes Accordance 8 and the entire Accordance folder that got installed with it. It just collectes the new modules and puts them where they now need to go.

Archived