Accordance for iOS App Released

Helen Brown

We are pleased to announce that the much-anticipated app for iOS is now available for download through the iTunes app store. This free Bible study app now brings unprecedented power and an enormous library to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.

See the full announcement.

Available now on the iTunes App Store

Please help us by reviewing it on iTunes.

Great news! Downloaded and in the process of installing my necessary books/resources.

Bob

Where is documentation or at least Starter instructions? Just DL'd the app and am poking around. Wasn't there to be some way to load modules from within the desktop app? Or is it only via wireless within the iOS app?

Very happy tonight! Congrats on getting it out.

Where is documentation or at least Starter instructions? Just DL'd the app and am poking around. Wasn't there to be some way to load modules from within the desktop app? Or is it only via wireless within the iOS app?

Very happy tonight! Congrats on getting it out.

Library -> Settings -> Help takes you to our website with full help pages. Sync was taking a bit longer, and we didn't want to delay the app for it, so it'll be in an upcoming release.

Library -> Settings -> Help takes you to our website with full help pages. Sync was taking a bit longer, and we didn't want to delay the app for it, so it'll be in an upcoming release.

Thanks. And for those who want to access it from your laptop (so you can "read along" as you learn--or just want to "drool along..." !), the Help/documentation url is www.accordancebible.com/iOS/Help/

Congrats, guys :D

One question in two parts - Just launched the app and it's asking me to register, which I assume means I'm creating an account (?)

Will this account bear any relationship to my existing store account, or is it entirely distinct?

Does it matter whether I do / don't use the same login details as on my store account?

Thanks.

You should use your existing store account so you can easily access everything in Easy Install.

Awesome! I've downloaded, installed and grabbed the appropriate books from my library for both my iPad and my iPhone.

Two questions - is it possible to turn of the red letters for the words of Jesus in the NT? (I'm sort of fussy about avoiding a canon within the canon sort of thing, and besides I find the red letters hard to read.) And is it possible to display the text by literary grouping rather than verse by verse? Again - it makes it much easier to read.

Sync was taking a bit longer, and we didn't want to delay the app for it, so it'll be in an upcoming release.

Joel, Can you elaborate slightly on what's planned for the sync function? For me I'm most interested in being able to sync user notes and tools. Will that be possible?

Oh, and a suggestion too ... This forum needs an iOS section now, does it not?

Awesome! I've downloaded, installed and grabbed the appropriate books from my library for both my iPad and my iPhone.

Two questions - is it possible to turn of the red letters for the words of Jesus in the NT? (I'm sort of fussy about avoiding a canon within the canon sort of thing, and besides I find the red letters hard to read.) And is it possible to display the text by literary grouping rather than verse by verse? Again - it makes it much easier to read.

Ditto on Nick's queries. Also what about poetic formatting? Esp on an iPhone screen, it needs to "go away" so you can read more than half a verse! (It's prob. fine on an iPad.)

Congratulations Accordance!

I just saw an Olive Tree advertisement and was hoping again that your app was out. I looked down at my Feed and saw the announcement. What a joy! It's downloading as I post.

I am so happy I could kiss my mother-in-law!

There is an iOS section! Its aptly called Accordance for iOS.

The Sync functionality will require Accordance 9. They will connect via bonjour and be able to transfer everything over your local wifi network, including syncing user notes.

Disabling poetic functionality is a great idea, one of the many already on our list.

So is paragraph mode viewing, per Nick's question, and disabling red lettering.

There is an iOS section! Its aptly called Accordance for iOS.

The Sync functionality will require Accordance 9. They will connect via bonjour and be able to transfer everything over your local wifi network, including syncing user notes.

I want to suggest something to OakTree that I hope they'll take to heart. While I admire the cool factor of local network syncing, large files do not sync well this was as of yet. DEVONthink's iOS app syncs this way and has major issues when syncing large amounts. Mental Case only in the past little while has got bigger syncs down, and I'm talking 40-60 mb files. GB's worth of files is still a lot to ask of bonjour syncing. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd be plenty happy with the reliability of USB syncing.

We are pleased to announce that the much-anticipated app for iOS is now available for download through the iTunes app store. This free Bible study app now brings unprecedented power and an enormous library to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.

See the full announcement.

Available now on the iTunes App Store

Please help us by reviewing it on iTunes.

Thank you so much!

I keep watching FoxNews to see if they would mention this new groundbreaking announcement but no one has mentioned it. I'll just play with my new app on my ipad and wait and see if Neil Cavuto will mention it tomorrow. By then, I should have all my files down loaded. Thanks so much everyone at Accordance!

I want to suggest something to OakTree that I hope they'll take to heart. While I admire the cool factor of local network syncing, large files do not sync well this was as of yet. DEVONthink's iOS app syncs this way and has major issues when syncing large amounts. Mental Case only in the past little while has got bigger syncs down, and I'm talking 40-60 mb files. GB's worth of files is still a lot to ask of bonjour syncing. Hopefully I'm r firwrong, but I'd be plenty happy with the reliability of USB syncing.

There is no public API for communicating between the device and the desktop over USB outside of iTunes. Our first choice for moving content between the desktop and the device was to enable file sharing via iTunes so you could simply add or remove content via the iTunes interface. The problem was that every time you sync with iTunes the entire contents of the file sharing documents directory would be backed up. This turned out to be a performance nightmare with even a moderate number of modules installed on the device. So we went to Plan B and are writing our own syncing workflow via Bonjour over WiFi.

Scott.

Do you have any guess at when this feature might be added? Obviously you can't give a date, but should we expect this to be added sooner rather than later? I just bought hermeneia and was looking forward to carrying it around on my iPad, which is why I'm curious.

Just to be clear, this isn't a complaint. It's only a question. The new app is incredible. Really, truly, incredible. Thank you to everyone for all your hard work

Archived