Saving Workspace

Denny

I am new to Accordance having lost patience with Logos Mac development and was working through some of the podcasts to learn how to best utilize and setup my Accordance workspaces. One of the issues I am having is in saving a workspace for different functions I noticed the info pane, resource pane and library pane do not save with the main workspace pane. I tried to emulate the inductive bible study layout from the podcast and save it but when I went to load one of my earlier saved workspaces the highlight pane and resource pane remained in the state of the inductive layout instead of the more traditional layout of my earlier workspace. Is there something I am not doing correctly when I try to save these workspaces or layouts.

Welcome to Accordance!

The state of these windows is always maintained by the program rather than being saved with a session. So they will always reappear (or not) just as they were when you quit Accordance.

I guess we haven't had many requests to save them in specific locations for different sessions. Dr, J will be flattered that you are trying to copy his layouts, but they are just meant as examples that you can adapt to your needs.

Dr, J will be flattered that you are trying to copy his layouts, but they are just meant as examples that you can adapt to your needs.

[Chuckle] Very true, Helen!

You may want to keep in mind that we are limited by the resolution we use for podcasts (1280x800). We do that in order to make the text legible in the videos, especially for those viewing them on their iPhones.

In fact, most users will be comfortable in Accordance using the 1440x900 monitor setting on a standard 15" laptop. This will give you MUCH more room. Those with larger screens

Welcome... a similar related request is to be able to set the location of these "palettes" quickly and easily when you use different monitors with a laptop. Uber-accordance-master Joe Weaks has put together some preliminary applescript that will allow you to set palette locations quickly and easily. Check out this topic:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4499

This could be a feature in the application instead of an applescript, but this works as long as you're tech-savvy enough to edit the script yourself.

If this is a matter of hiding or showing palettes, you may also want to look into the keyboard shortcuts for the palettes under the "Window" menu. I rarely have the library window up in my session and instead use the shortcut to show it when I want it: ALT+CMD+1 The highlighting palette is ALT+CMD+4

Welcome and don't be afraid to ask more questions.

Archived