"Accordance ... is not connected to the internet"

Dave Raymer

Folks,

I am behind a firewall/proxy, and while I can get to the internet via Mobile Safari, and my account/password appears to be correct and works to connect to "buy" new content, I get nothing in my "Easy Install" list, and if I try the "update button" in the lower left corner, the following message is displayed:

"Cannot Check For Updates

Accordance cannot check for module updates because it is not connected to the internet"

My network configuration is correct, and other networking apps seem to function as expected.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

What worked for me was to click on "OK" in the message, wait a couple of seconds and then click on the download icon again (the one in the lower left hand corner. When I did this, everything went very smoothly.

Rich+

What worked for me was to click on "OK" in the message, wait a couple of seconds and then click on the download icon again (the one in the lower left hand corner. When I did this, everything went very smoothly.

Rich+

Fr. Miller,

Thanks for the suggestion, gave it a shot, changed the time I waited (a few seconds, a few minutes) and no joy. At this point in time I am going to try it at home later today and see what happens.

I'll post an update later today.

- dave

Fr. Miller,

Thanks for the suggestion, gave it a shot, changed the time I waited (a few seconds, a few minutes) and no joy. At this point in time I am going to try it at home later today and see what happens.

I'll post an update later today.

- dave

Well, the update is that there appears to be a problem with the Easy Install functionality behind a authorizing proxy. Experimentation last night showed the easy install feature worked on a direct connection, a firewalled connection, but did not work when an authorizing, internet proxy was put in the path.

The good news is I got the content I wanted transferred.

regards,

Dave

Archived