Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 9,939 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

If you have used this commentary in print and/or in Accordance, please review it for others' benefit, and give the module an overall rating in the top right corner by Rate Topic.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#2 Dr. Kevin Purcell

Dr. Kevin Purcell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:kapurcell
  • Interests:Theotek.com - Podcast with Rick Mansfield, Wes Allen, Antoine Wright and LaRosa Johnson.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

For the most part this is an excellent set focused on the Pastor but can be used in scholarly work or by advanced lay people too. A few of the volumes are less than stellar (Romas was a disappointment) and they are still missing a couple of volumes. I have taught verse by verse through Acts, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and James using those volumes. I have used Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus extensively. I also have used most of the minor prophets for a few sermons/bible studies here and there. I've never been disappointed (except for Romans) in the content.

The focus is biblical and conservative in content. They use the NIV unfortunately. I wish they would update the whole series using the HCSB, since they also publish that translation. But I guess that would be a major effort.

Join Rick Mansfield, Wes Allen, Antoine Wright and LaRosa Johnson for the Theotek Podcast. See www.Theotek.com for more details. We talk church and Bible tech, often covering Accordance Bible Software.

Dr. Kevin A. Purcell

@kapurcell on Twitter

www.KevinPurcell.org

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 9,939 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

Thanks, Kevin, but you can now post your Review directly on the product page. Please do so and it will help many more potential users.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users