Workspaces

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Is there a way to "tab" workspaces?

I have a couple of workspaces and am using the "minimize" button to work between them.

Looked in preferences but did not see anything.

Need to keep screen real estate as useful as possible on 13".

Also, are there still any plans for a UI upgrade or, the possibility for options concerning the floating pallets so that those with small screens might have the Resource Palette , Highlighters etc. included in the Workspace Frame, thus recovering a little bit of screen space?

Thanks.

Rusty+

Command ` (prime) and shift-command ` cycle through open windows and workspaces, but not if they are minimized, sorry!

Command ` (prime) and shift-command ` cycle through open windows and workspaces, but not if they are minimized, sorry!

Thanks Helen, Tabs for "open secondary workspaces" would really be nice, perhaps within the top panel where the workspace is named.

Just a thought.

Blessings,

Rusty+

Thanks Helen, Tabs for "open secondary workspaces" would really be nice, perhaps within the top panel where the workspace is named.

Just a thought.

Blessings,

Rusty+

Rusty,

You've given me an idea for an upcoming podcast: "Accordance on a small monitor." Anyone got any other suggestions for Rusty now?

Thanks Dr. J: Small workspaces in Accordance does supply some interesting situations.

No matter how I set up my computer with the Floating Palettes , I am looking at space "below or above" them, or, "right to left" of them , which could be used within the workspace in some manner.

I have tried everything I can think of to maximize the use of my space for what I have it for-study.

I know folks have talked about the floating Palettes in other programs such as "Pages", however, it is not the same thing.

In those, I open a Palette, make my adjustments, then close it.

The "Control" to access it is part of the "workspace" itself.

This is far different than what we do in Accordance.

I have tried closing all the Palettes and working from the control panel at the top, but this does not work well either.

Personally, It seems to me there is plenty of space in the top panel of the workspace, ( same area the workspace is named ) for there to be icons or text for the resource palette etc.

I also still have trouble when returning from my outboard Monitor to the 13", no matter what I do, things will not scale.

I have to set up each palette, and each workspace to fit each screen, each and every time.

I have tried saving workspaces, saving on quitting, everything.

The biggest frustration is when I open my Macbook and none of the palettes are small enough for me to "grab" them to resize.

In those cases I have to turn them off , restart Accordance, then reopen them, then resize them.

As long as I stay on the 13" screen, there are no issues with this, everything comes back up as it was when I shut down Accordance.

I know I am probably "a pain" and some here may thing being Petty, but these things are important to me.

These are The Only complaints I have with Accordance, love the program, the speed, the search capabilities, love the zones, search all and being able to set up and save "sections" for search all. ( incredibly handy I might add )

I do appreciate and and all help/ideas/suggestions towards getting more out of my user space and time- in Accordance.

Grace and Peace to all,

Rusty+

Archived