Full Screen and some other requests
Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:48 PM
1. Bookmarking, highlighting, syncing, etc. I think you've got these in the pipeline, though?
2. A full screen mode. Would need to be able to toggle between full-screen and navigation bars with a tap.
3. The option for a grid style verse chooser like some other apps would be great. The verse chooser is a bit awkward, although being able to jump 10 books/ch/vs significantly mitigates this.
4. Option to group verses in paragraphs. I don't feel the current layout is very user friendly, especially for casual users.
5. One touch version/resource changer. Currently the top bar seems to only activate the search feature. Could touching the book name activate the library opener to make changing versions/resources quicker in the main screen?
6. Rotation lock
7. Default user notebook. Bit of a pain having to choose which notebook when I only have one.
8. Brown (the colour, not Helen!). Hmmm. I've been comparing the UI of a couple of apps, and surprisingly black works better IMO. Please, note, this is at the bottom of my list, just my own opinion among the multitude of others no doubt.
Thanks for the app. It's awesome having all my resources on my iPhone (no iPad yet) - really, it's mind blowing when you think about what we can carry in our pocket now! One unexpected advantage is that it makes my morning devotions easier as I don't need to move to my Mac to look up a commentary if I've got a question about a verse. I'm really looking forward to having my user notes synced, hope that's not too far away.
I know users inevitably draw comparisons with Bible Reader. I've used it for 5 or 6 years now, since my Palm days, and it really is a very mature product that I'm familiar with and love. At first I thought Accordance hadn't met the mark, but as I was writing this list and comparing apps I realised a lot of that feeling is just the affection of familiarity. You've made some design decisions that I think are better, and many other things are just different. Sure Accordance is a 1.0 release and has some way to go, but (apart from bugs, grrr), I think you've done a remarkable job. I recently compared a number of cross-platform iOS Bible apps and Accordance compares very favourably against more mature offerings. I'm only say this because I've read comments comparing the apps in other threads and I wanted to give another perspective. BTW, the other Bible app I have installed is YouVersion, and I really like it's simplicity. I hope Accordance can keep a balance between simplicity and power.
Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:41 AM
Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:30 AM
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)
(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users