default dictionary

Suzette in NC

Just finished watching one of the new podcasts on version 9. Dr. J. triple clicks on "David" and we see his default dictionary come up. When I tried the same thing my Hebrew Keys came up. Why is that? should the Hebrew word come up or a dictionary?

Also, I have the Hebrews Strongs as my first Hebrew tool, but when I click on any word, the Hebrew Keys comes up. Why would that be? Do I have something set wrong for these two problems.

There are a few things going on here. The default dictionary is always the topmost dictionary in the Library. However, for texts with strong's tagging, they will always go to their Strong's dictionary instead. I imagine you are triple clicking from ESVS or similar, which is why it goes to Hebrew Keys. If you'd rather go to the top English dictionary, just hold the Option key when triple-clicking and it will pull your default English dictionary instead.

Hebrew Keys, as far as I understand, is actually just an expanded version of Hebrew Strong's, so I wouldn't worry about that substitution.

The option-triple-click to go to the English dictionary is a relatively new feature, so you may need to upgrade to Accordance 9.1 to use it.

Archived