Custom Region Layer/Set?

mikes

I'm trying to put together a map in the atlas showing all the nations mentioned in Acts at Pentecost from these verses:

9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians

Mike,

You can do it, but it will get a little involved.

First, you'll want to create new region layers which duplicate the existing region layers you want to "steal from." For example, if you need to take the Parthian Empire region from the Roman Empire region, you would create a new layer based on the Roman Empire so that you don't mess up your existing Roman Empire layer. In that new region layer, you can hide the name and drawing for whatever subregions you don't need.

Once you've done this for all the pieces you want to put together, you'll want to combine all those partial region layers into a Region set. That will create one set with all the pieces you've extracted.

The one limitation will be if you need to take a label name from the Geographic Names region, since all of the area names are grouped together into a single subregion.

I hope this helps.

This is great. I was afraid I was going to have to draw them all myself!

• 3 years later...

Good to know that the topic of Pentecost is alive and well in today's Church!