FTP error

D.S.Moses Nickerson

When I try to update accordance or any modules, it has recently reported that there is an "FTP error" and that I should contact technical support. Any help?

It will register that there are updates, but will not download them, reporting the preceding error.

We are still working on this one. You may be using a proxy. For now the workaround for most people is to:

• Rename your Accordance app to Accordance 9.2.1
  • Install Accordance 9.1.1 from this link.
  • Try the downloads through Accordance 9.1.1 easy install

Then you can use 9.2.1 for everything except the downloads.

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same error message in "Easy Install" using v9.2.1 on my MacBook Pro.

Interestingly, I did not have the same problem on my iMac.

Thanks for the temporary workaround solution, Helen. I had just purchased the Essential IVP Reference Collection and wanted to start using it on my MacBook. I was able to download and install the 14 new modules using v9.1.1 Easy Install.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with version 9.3.2. The frustrating problem was I was getting an error message that the internet stopped responding like my bandwidth was too low. Finally I got the FTP error and found this post on the forum. The workaround did accomplish the purpose of allowing me to install updates. I hope that the FTP issue gets resolved but at least there is this fix.

I am having the same problem with version 9.3.2. The frustrating problem was I was getting an error message that the internet stopped responding like my bandwidth was too low. Finally I got the FTP error and found this post on the forum. The workaround did accomplish the purpose of allowing me to install updates. I hope that the FTP issue gets resolved but at least there is this fix.

I did see this error occur again under 9.3.2. Once I got that error, I continued to receive it almost immediately every time I retried the download.

It turned out that the solution (in my case) was simple: Quit Accordance, then reopen it and try again. After I did that, Accordance successfully downloaded my modules.

It seemed as if Accordance is unable to recover when there has been an actual timeout.

Yes, I have seen this on several Macs in seminars. After a timeout you must quit Accordance and then resume the download.

Archived