Easy Install Problem

jackcav

Check for Updates, Easy Install informs me that I need to install "Bible Atlas Version 2.2". Good enough. I click download and watch the progress. Now, Easy Install tells me I need to install "Bible Atlas Version 2.2". I have done this repeatedly. Anyone know why this is happening?

Found two copies of Altitude Date in my Library/Application Support/Accordance/Atlas

Joel suggests removing or renaming the files General and Map settings from both the main Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences, and the from the user/Library//Accordance Preferences.

Either do that that or just ignore the fact that it tells you to update.

Joel suggests removing or renaming the files General and Map settings from both the main Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences,

This did not cure the problem. All this did was reset all my preference settings generated over several years. I restored the files, and Easy Install still tells me that I need to download and install altitude data. No file has been installed as the file in my Atlas Files folder is from 2005.

and the from the user/Library//Accordance Preferences.

I do not have an Accordance Preferences folder in my User library folder.

Either do that that or just ignore the fact that it tells you to update.

Why should I need to do that? Where is the file Easy Install says I need? If there is an update to Altitude Date, why can't I get it? If there is no updated file, why does Accordance tell me to download one?

Sorry for the harsh tone, but this is most irritating behavior.

Where is you "Atlas files" folder? I had a similar issue many months ago (version 9.0 I think) and I would be prompted to update altitude. I don't recall how it was fixed, but currently my "Atlas files" folder is at root/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Atlas files and all is well.

Michael

I think Helen meant "username/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences" for the second location.

HTH,

Scott

Jack:

Half the Accordance team is currently away (if you follow the Blog you know we are touring the Holy Land). The Atlas is a very complex update issue as it was never designed to have a version number which is trackable. Please just don't worry about it for now, as long as the Atlas is working. You can restore the previous General settings to your username/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Remind me in a couple of weeks and we can set up a screenshare and get it to where it doesn't tell you that it needs an update. There haven't been any recent updates in any case.

Jack:

Half the Accordance team is currently away (if you follow the Blog you know we are touring the Holy Land). The Atlas is a very complex update issue as it was never designed to have a version number which is trackable. Please just don't worry about it for now, as long as the Atlas is working. You can restore the previous General settings to your username/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Remind me in a couple of weeks and we can set up a screenshare and get it to where it doesn't tell you that it needs an update. There haven't been any recent updates in any case.

I will just ignore.

Archived