Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,703 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

In the past there have been some popular forum topics on showing off Accordance workspaces…so I thought I would start one for iOS. Here are a couple I've used:

In this first one, I've set the main text to paragraphs, Optima, 21pt, ~60% leading, hide red letter; reference tool: 16pt font, ~25% leading.

Attached File  Photo Feb 28, 10 07 41 PM.jpg   186.14KB   136 downloads

In the next one, same settings as above, but changed Metzger to Helvetica.

Attached File  Photo Feb 28, 10 07 17 PM.jpg   171.65KB   110 downloads

Your turn… :)
Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

#2 Rick

Rick

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Twitter:stwrz
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Great ideas, Bennett! For the most part, I've been sticking with the default views... Thanks for the inspiration to take a stab at further customizing it. I'll post some pix of what I discover later on.

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,703 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

J. P. pointed out that maybe some people don't know how to take screen shots from the iPhone/iPad…so here's a quick tip:

1. Simply click and hold the power button and home button at the same time; you'll hear the aperture sound and the screen will flash.
2. Email the shots to yourself and post to forum. Or, transfer them to your Dropbox via Picbox (iTunes link), then upload to forum.
Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

#4 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Twitter:MyMacHero
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Nothing fancy, just the BHS-W4 + JPS in parallel, but showing how easy it is to construct and view relatively complex original language queries:

Attached File  photo.PNG   171.94KB   61 downloads
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#5 SpiritandFire44

SpiritandFire44

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Is there a way to create multiple workspaces for quick searches?  I know that iOS does not have multiple workspaces that you can save, but is there a way to trick the iOS app into doing this?  Thanks!

#6 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

J. P. pointed out that maybe some people don't know how to take screen shots from the iPhone/iPad�so here's a quick tip:1. Simply click and hold the power button and home button at the same time; you'll hear the aperture sound and the screen will flash.2. Email the shots to yourself and post to forum. Or, transfer them to your Dropbox via Picbox (iTunes link), then upload to forum.

Rick, 2 things
1) some iPad Pro screenshots are too big to load, I find I often have to crop if it includes much colour, like a map. I have requested the limit be increased a bit on a previous thread. (Didn’t have that problem with my previous ipad2)
2) you can upload direct. I use safari to look at the forum all the time so can just click more reply options and navigate to my screen shots stored in photos.

Just seen date of original post.

Edited by ukfraser, 28 June 2018 - 12:28 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#7 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:02 PM

Is there a way to create multiple workspaces for quick searches? I know that iOS does not have multiple workspaces that you can save, but is there a way to trick the iOS app into doing this? Thanks!

It depends, each translation opens in a specific way so you could use niv for one and nrsv for another and get for a third etc. So you may use tagged and non tagged versions to give specific ones.

This even remembers the different interlinear settings for a specific text.

At church we use the nrsv, so I tend to have that set up one way.
I use jps, esv and niv and original languages for different things with different workspaces and it sort of gets round what you are asking.

But the major major limitation is you can only open two resources if one is a text and another is a text or reference . (Or daily reading plan and text in devotional).

Edited by ukfraser, 28 June 2018 - 12:15 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users