Search in every...

Kurt Grossman

When searching for Words, I need to know the definitions of the 'sentence' and the 'clause' options for "Search in every" - for a regular search, not a syntactical one.

Thanks!

This is from the User's Guide, and does need to be included in the new Help files:

The following rules apply when the Sentence or Clause field is used for searches in Bible texts.

English

In English text the following punctuation divides one sentence from another:

Thanks!

I need to remember to refer to the user's guide...

Kurt

Helen,

How could I search for a punctuation marker? For example, if I wanted to find verbs not preceded by a comma how would I specify a "," since it is used in search commands themselves?

Thanks,

Kurt

The period indicates a single character that follows it. So you can state [VERB] [NOT] [PRECEDED BY] [WITHIN 1 word] .,

or use a construct with a negative column with a comma character fopllowed by a verb.

The period indicates a single character that follows it. So you can state [VERB] {NOT] [PRECEDED BY] [WITHIN 1 word] .,

or use a construct with a negative column with a comma character fopllowed by a verb.

I think I need to clarify - my bad.

I can search and find periods in a text, because they are not a search command. But I cannot find commas, because the are used in the search commands themselves. I want to find commas, not sentences.

You can find a comma (or any single character) if you precede it with a period.

You can find a comma (or any single character) if you precede it with a period.

Wow! Thank you!!!

Archived