Problems with update feature in 9.2

Francis Borchardt

I am running 9.2 on a MacBook Pro. Over the past month when I start up Accordance, it informs me of the updates available from the modules I own (currently 9.2.1 and Joseph-T) but when I try to update either or both it starts the process and then tells me there is no active internet connection. Obviously since everything else is working fine with regard to the internet, and Accordance itself is presumably connecting to the internet when it looks for my updates, the problem must reside in the program. Has anyone else encountered this problem and fixed it? Thanks for the help.

I am running 9.2 on a MacBook Pro. Over the past month when I start up Accordance, it informs me of the updates available from the modules I own (currently 9.2.1 and Joseph-T) but when I try to update either or both it starts the process and then tells me there is no active internet connection. Obviously since everything else is working fine with regard to the internet, and Accordance itself is presumably connecting to the internet when it looks for my updates, the problem must reside in the program. Has anyone else encountered this problem and fixed it? Thanks for the help.

I've had this happen at school where there's a firewall that prevents many connections to outside servers. It does seem odd that Accordance can find the modules but not download them.

We think that this is an issue with a proxy code rather than a firewall. It worked OK in 9.1.1, but got broken in 9.2 and still isn't fixed again. the workaround is:

Go into your Applications Folder and rename Accordance to Accordance 9.2.1.

Use this link to go back to 9.1.1,
download the .dmg
and install 9.1.1

Open the newly created Accordance 9.1.1 and use "Easy Install/Check for Updates". You can use 9.2.1 for all other functions.

Archived