Search to the end of a chapter

SWallace

Hello,

I know I can search for a set of verses by typing in the reference. However, is there a way to search for a starting verse and to the end of the chapter. For example, let's say I want to look for the verses in John 1, starting from verse 18 to the end of the chapter. If I don't know off hand what the last verse is, am I able to use some type of symbol or key sequence to perform this search?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hello,

I know I can search for a set of verses by typing in the reference. However, is there a way to search for a starting verse and to the end of the chapter. For example, let's say I want to look for the verses in John 1, starting from verse 18 to the end of the chapter. If I don't know off hand what the last verse is, am I able to use some type of symbol or key sequence to perform this search?

Thanks,

Stephen

I think adding ff at the end of the reference will give you what you want (e.g., jn 1:18ff).

I think adding ff at the end of the reference will give you what you want (e.g., jn 1:18ff).

By the way, adding one f will give you your reference and the following verse only.

By the way, adding one f will give you your reference and the following verse only.

These commands (f and ff) work for both chapter and book searches as well. For example, "John 8f" will yield "John 8-9" and John 8ff will yield John 8 to the rest of the book. Similarly, "John f" (notice that the f must be separate from the book name) will yield John-Acts, while "John ff" will yield John-Revelation. These commands are wonderfully useful and I use them constantly.

Wow, what an honor to have my question make it to the daily Accordance blog! Thanks to all who gave the feedback!

Stephen

Archived