Dividers in the Library

Ed Heckman

I've found dividers to be very useful in desktop Accordance in organizing my texts. For example, putting my favorite 5 translations at the top of the list, followed by a divider, the Greek texts, a divider, Hebrew texts, a divider, and so forth.

I think it would be quite helpful (and hopefully easy to implement) to have dividers in the iOS version of Accordance; especially if those dividers can be named.

• 2 months later...

I love this suggestion. I'm also wondering if it is possible to do nested folders (ie Critical Commentaries, Deviotional Commentaries, Classic Commentaries, and the like) following the Mac implementation. Also eager for cut and paste as well as the option for a side-swiping gesture to change pages.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for how you continue to develop the app. It keeps getting better. I would also like to see something done with the "Library" to organize resources. If one could create folders and have favourites similar to the Mac application would be great.

David

Thanks for how you continue to develop the app. It keeps getting better. I would also like to see something done with the "Library" to organize resources. If one could create folders and have favourites similar to the Mac application would be great.

David

I'm not sure we'll get to adding/moving/deleting "folders" in the next release or two, but a hierarchical organization of the Library view including a "Recent" and/or "Favorites" section(s) is currently being explored for the next release.

Scott.

• 2 years later...

Some means of organizing our libraries would be great. Color coding in Library window? We could use different colors for OT commentaries, NT commentaries, whole Bible commentaries, study Bibles, version notes, etc.. I could really use some help with the General Tools, too. Some are highly graphical, some are grammars, some are doctrinal.

I could organize everything alphabetically, but I don't think of them alphabetically. It makes sense to put For Calvinism and Against Calvinism together; to put Carson & Moo's NT Intro with Dillard & Longman's OT Intro, and so on. I'm really not OCD, at least not pathologically. However, I hate wasting time looking for stuff – organizing eliminates a lot of frustration.

Thanks for all the hard work. Are you all completely worn out with all our requests?

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1