Finding Key Word links in Psalms

Anthony Pyles

I'm looking at a way to use Accordance to quickly find possible key-word links between psalms. In particular I am looking at Ps 88 and how it connects first to 87 and 89, and beyond that, possibly to 86 and 90. Here is what I have so far, and I'd love to hear some suggestions from other more experienced users:

In a tab titled Ps 88 I have BHS, set to words, and am searching for *@[COUNT 1-250] <AND> [RANGE ps 88]. In a second tab titled Pss 87, 89 I have [HITS Ps 88] <AND> [RANGE ps 87, 89]. (250 is narrow enough to exclude prepositions, etc. but broad enough to include words like חסד and זכר.) This finds 25 "links" for me to look through, some of which still may not be significant (like סלה), but a good place to start, and faster than repeated readings that still might miss possible links.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Tony

The INFER command (rocket science elegantly abstracted, no less!) is designed to help generate possible intertextual connections. Check out the Help for information on how to use it and this post for a real-world example of its use.

Archived