Any way to video capture iPad screen?

R. Mansfield

Since the iPad will now mirror its screen to a projector or TV, I wonder if there's any way to capture that image to a Mac where it could be easily recorded in Quicktime. Or is there some other solution?

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think there's a non-trivial solution that preserves the digital source.

By design, HDMI does not permit capture (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9870317-1.html). Converting to analog is not cheap, and... it's analog.

I'm sure Apple has proprietary ways of capturing on-iPad video, but that's not available in our Reality Field.

I don't think there's a non-trivial solution that preserves the digital source.

By design, HDMI does not permit capture (http://news.cnet.com...-9870317-1.html). Converting to analog is not cheap, and... it's analog.

I'm sure Apple has proprietary ways of capturing on-iPad video, but that's not available in our Reality Field.

HDMI might not permit capture, but VGA does, and the VGA cable allows for mirroring of everything except HD video bought in the iTunes Store. I think that's the source to pursue.

HDMI might not permit capture, but VGA does, and the VGA cable allows for mirroring of everything except HD video bought in the iTunes Store. I think that's the source to pursue.

Hi, Rick!

Yes, it is possible to capture streaming video [though not protected movies] from an iPad with either the VGA or the Digital adapters. See today's podcast release, "Why Bible Software?," for proof. Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with a copy of my notes and research.

Link: Why Bible Software?

Hi, Rick!

Yes, it is possible to capture streaming video [though not protected movies] from an iPad with either the VGA or the Digital adapters. See today's podcast release, "Why Accordance?," for proof. Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with a copy of my notes and research.

Is it called "Why Accordance?" or "Why Bible Software?" ?

In either case the download link on our podcast page to podcast #54 is broken.

Scott.

Is it called "Why Accordance?" or "Why Bible Software?" ?

In either case the download link on our podcast page to podcast #54 is broken.

Scott.

Hi, Scott!

The podcast is "Why Bible Software." The link should be working now. Enjoy! :)

Archived