Better Handling of Search Results

Brent Lawrence

I recently did a search for the word "doctrine" which yielded 5 hits in 5 verses in the NT. I then wanted to see some of the comments in my commentary that was open in a second pane, however the only comments I could get to easily was for the first verse in the found scriptures. It seems the only way to step through verses that don't fill the entire pane is to make the scripture pane very short so the scrolling affect takes over and the linked commentary can display comments for the various results. Is there a better way? I was hoping for something on the order of arrow clicking like on the desktop version where one can click through the found scriptures and have the linked commentary move with it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

I recently did a search for the word "doctrine" which yielded 5 hits in 5 verses in the NT. I then wanted to see some of the comments in my commentary that was open in a second pane, however the only comments I could get to easily was for the first verse in the found scriptures. It seems the only way to step through verses that don't fill the entire pane is to make the scripture pane very short so the scrolling affect takes over and the linked commentary can display comments for the various results. Is there a better way? I was hoping for something on the order of arrow clicking like on the desktop version where one can click through the found scriptures and have the linked commentary move with it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Not too confusing at all. It's a known limitation that we hope to address within the next release or two.

One workaround I can suggest is to set the "Context" to All when running the search and use the up/down arrows in the bottom toolbar to easily jump between the search results hits.

Hope this helps,

Scott.

Thanks Scott. I was just tweeting wiith Rick Bennett about it and he said the same thing. I set the search options to show all context and this remedies the issue.

Thanks again.

Archived