Notes display

Guntis

When I open my user note which I have synced from my Mac, I get warning nessage that editing note can destroy its original formatting, therefore to avoid that, I should tap on the Done button, which ... close the note. I have to open it again.

Maybe you could implement it differently? Don't open existing notes in Edit mode, but in the full screen read-only mode. Tapping in the note would switch it into editing mode.

When I open my user note which I have synced from my Mac, I get warning nessage that editing note can destroy its original formatting, therefore to avoid that, I should tap on the Done button, which ... close the note. I have to open it again.

Maybe you could implement it differently? Don't open existing notes in Edit mode, but in the full screen read-only mode. Tapping in the note would switch it into editing mode.

You only get the editing warning if you perform an explicit action which leads you to the note editing view. If all you want to do is view you user notes then you have two options:

1. View the notes in a parallel pane of a text search view.

2. Open it directly in a user note search view from the Library view.

Also, even if after dismissing the alert from within the edit note view, no style information is stripped unless you actually make a change to the existing note. You can scroll the note, use the next/previous arrows (in the upper bar) to move through the note file, etc. Only the act of actually adding or removing characters within the note being edited forces the removal of the style information.

Scott.

You only get the editing warning if you perform an explicit action which leads you to the note editing view. If all you want to do is view you user notes then you have two options:

1. View the notes in a parallel pane of a text search view.

2. Open it directly in a user note search view from the Library view.

Also, even if after dismissing the alert from within the edit note view, no style information is stripped unless you actually make a change to the existing note. You can scroll the note, use the next/previous arrows (in the upper bar) to move through the note file, etc. Only the act of actually adding or removing characters within the note being edited forces the removal of the style information.

Scott.

Yes, I found this view mode too. But my workflow is this: Bible text at the top, some commentary at the bottom, and when I see the red dot at the right side of the Bible text, I tap-and-hold on the verse number until Note opening buttons pop up, then I open note, and here it opens in Edit mode by default.

Maybe you could change this behavior and open it in read mode first, or even better as a pop-up, like when I tap on the Bible reference links in the bottom part of the screen (in commentaries pane). Even better if I could just tap on that red dot and see my notes in the pop-up, and then dismiss that pop-up. And if there is just one type of note for that particul;ar verse, maybe Accordance could bypass the list of the notes names (My Mobile Notes / Sample Notes / My Bible Notes) and open notes immediately? ;)

Yes, I found this view mode too. But my workflow is this: Bible text at the top, some commentary at the bottom, and when I see the red dot at the right side of the Bible text, I tap-and-hold on the verse number until Note opening buttons pop up, then I open note, and here it opens in Edit mode by default.

Well, it does say "Open User Notes Editor For" at the top of the action sheet that is displayed. :D

Maybe you could change this behavior and open it in read mode first, or even better as a pop-up, like when I tap on the Bible reference links in the bottom part of the screen (in commentaries pane). Even better if I could just tap on that red dot and see my notes in the pop-up, and then dismiss that pop-up. And if there is just one type of note for that particul;ar verse, maybe Accordance could bypass the list of the notes names (My Mobile Notes / Sample Notes / My Bible Notes) and open notes immediately? ;)

It's an interesting idea to somehow view a note in an instant details like view if appropriate. Have to think about the workflow given what's in development right now.

And it's already on the list to bypass the choose user note view if only one user note file would appear.

Scott.

• 1 month later...

This workflow is exactly why I would like to see 3 panes in the window. In that case I could have commentary and user notes visible at the same time. Just like I do on the Mac.

This workflow is exactly why I would like to see 3 panes in the window. In that case I could have commentary and user notes visible at the same time. Just like I do on the Mac.

We're certainly considering multiple panes when running on an iPad but I personally don't feel there is enough screen space on the iPhone for more than two panes. So what we need in that case is a better workflow for quickly changing the parallel content.

Scott

Archived