Sharing Map Layers

William Cross

I have found that there are numerous places listed in the scriptures that are not to be found on the map module. If you have created any map layers that list additional sites would you be willing to share it with others? Maybe on the exchange site?

Please note: there has been little demand for this, so the Atlas does not support multiple sets of user layers.

Currently in order to share a layer you must share the entire User Layers settings file, and the other user must replace their own file of the same name in user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. They should first make a copy of their own layers file or they will lose their own work.

I have found that there are numerous places listed in the scriptures that are not to be found on the map module. If you have created any map layers that list additional sites would you be willing to share it with others? Maybe on the exchange site?

William,

You may be right, but the Atlas has many more sites than normally appear. Try zooming in about four times to the specific region. Additional sites will appear. I've been told it was programmed this way to keep the map clear and the main names readable.

I realize the map has more sites than appear at first. Recently though I have been reading in Acts and the Pastoral Epistles. As I began looking for certain locations and cross-referencing related locations I noticed that there a good number of locations that are mentioned that do not appear on the map when you do a search. I also noticed that many Bible maps in modules do not include the locations either. This is where I wanted to see Accordance stand out and was hoping someone had a map layer that could be shared. It is not the common locations I need to see on the map. I know where they are. What I need to know is where these more obscur locations are in relation to them. I guess I could just Google them and start making my own layer.

Do you mind listing some of these locations? I'm a bit curious.

Here are a few I came across while I was reading about Titus and the island of Crete.

In the Accordance PhotoGuide Crete is said to have been affected by a possible explosion on the the island Thera, but that is not on the map.

In the PhotoGuide on Crete it says "Figure 4: The Church of Saint Titus at Gortyn, Crete. This sixth-century church commemorates the ministry of Titus in Crete. During the first century, Gortyn (or Gortyna) was one of the most important cities of Crete." But Gortyn is not located on the map.

In 2 Timothy 4:10 Titus is said to have gone to Dalmatia, but that is not found on the map.

In the ISBE Dalmatia is said to lie between "between the river Titius (modern Kerka) and the Macedonian frontier" but I could not find the Titius River on the map.

ISBE says that Illyricum is Dalmatia and is "a vast area lying between the Danube on the N. and Macedonia and Thrace on the S.." But the Danube river is not on the map.

Archived