Copy & paste from Word Biblical Commentary

Simon Warren

Is it possible to copy & paste extracts from WBC? I can't. Is this a bug or a feature?

Is it possible to copy & paste extracts from WBC? I can't. Is this a bug or a feature?

Yes, it is possible to copy/paste or print text from any module, but there are restrictions on the amount of content for copyright reasons.

Can you give a specific example of how you are trying to do this?

I'm trying to copy the last paragraph from Lane's introduction to Hebrews. I select the text. Press cmd C. Then I've tried in lots of applications to cmd V paste the text but nothing gets pasted.

I'm trying to copy the last paragraph from Lane's introduction to Hebrews. I select the text. Press cmd C. Then I've tried in lots of applications to cmd V paste the text but nothing gets pasted.

I'm not sure why this is happening; I did the same thing and it pasted fine into Word. One thought: try hitting cmd-C more than one time and look for the Edit menu in Accordance to flash. We had an issue with this in older versions, that is now corrected. Other than restarting your machine, I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else can chime in.

post-5629-014796000 1305640706_thumb.png

Hadn't tried Word - it does actually paste into that application. Have tried a few others 'Tinderbox, DevonNote, Textmate, BBEdit, Stickies' and paste doesn't work into any of those. Word is the only application where it works. So a bug?

Hadn't tried Word - it does actually paste into that application. Have tried a few others 'Tinderbox, DevonNote, Textmate, BBEdit, Stickies' and paste doesn't work into any of those. Word is the only application where it works. So a bug?

I just pasted that paragraph into 10 different applications with no issue. I'm not sure what the problem is. It shouldn't affect anything, but try turning Unicode export on/off.

I just pasted that paragraph into 10 different applications with no issue. I'm not sure what the problem is. It shouldn't affect anything, but try turning Unicode export on/off.

I turned Unicode export on and that's fixed it. Thanks.

I turned Unicode export on and that's fixed it. Thanks.

I noticed your signature had a different version of Accordance listed earlier. Are you indeed on 9.3.2? Having Unicode on or off should still allow you to paste into any app. Are you running any apps that manage the clipboard or fonts?

I noticed your signature had a different version of Accordance listed earlier. Are you indeed on 9.3.2? Having Unicode on or off should still allow you to paste into any app. Are you running any apps that manage the clipboard or fonts?

I am running 9.3.2 - my signature was out of date and I updated it mid thread. I don't think I'm running anything that manages either clipboard or fonts.

Archived