File Type Error?

Shaun Walker

I went to open Accordance tonight after using it just a day or so ago. It wouldn't open. Instead it gave me an error saying, "The file 'Module Installation Log' appears to have an unsupported file type."

I restored my "Accordance Settings" folder from a backup made 2 days ago (when Accordance was working fine). The previous error went away but now I get an error saying, "The name 'My Highlights.hlt' cannot be used, since it is used by an existing file with a different type." This error is followed immediately by another error message: "Memory error # -109 in procedure "HasDocsSaved"! It only allows me to click "OK." I then get a file dialogue window asking me to "Add first module." Lather, rinse, repeat.

Basically, any Accordance file can't open because the computer doesn't recognize the file type. I can get Accordance to run, but it won't open up my startup session. Also, my program preferences are all wacky. My library window does reflect my library adjustments, so I haven't lost that setup.

Any ideas? Any help?

FYI: I did run the latest 9.3.3 installer tonight hoping it would magically fix this. No such luck.

Shaun: please contact me directly so that we can screenshare via iChat or Skype and take a look at these problems.

First be sure you have restarted the Mac, and run a Disk Utility check and repair on file permissions.

Archived