Additions to Daniel

Lance

Hi folks,

Can someone please tell me how to reference an apocrypha passage in a user tool? Specifically I want to reference the passage known as "The Song of Three Young Men", which is a Greek addition to Daniel. It's referenced as Daniel 3:29-34 in texts of the Apocrypha. But the problem is the canonical book of Daniel has a chapter 3 as well, and it ends at verse 30. So if I enter a link for "Dan 3:29-34" in my user tool I get the canonical text Dan 3:29-30.

I have some texts in my Accordance Library which include the apocrypha, but that doesn't seem to help. I've tried various known biblical reference forms for the passage, but Accordance doesn't seem to recognise any of them.

Can someone conduct me into this mystery, please :) Thanks.

If you click the reference and then change the text in the Text window to the NRSV2 or another text with the alternative apocryphal readings, it should display the correct verses. You could leave yourself a note in the tool as to which text you are referring to, but you cannot make the specific text part of the reference.

You can of course set the Text and Alternate text for the display of the user tool, whoch govern whoich texts get opened when a link is followed, but I don't think this will help you.

Hi folks,

Can someone please tell me how to reference an apocrypha passage in a user tool? Specifically I want to reference the passage known as "The Song of Three Young Men", which is a Greek addition to Daniel. It's referenced as Daniel 3:29-34 in texts of the Apocrypha. But the problem is the canonical book of Daniel has a chapter 3 as well, and it ends at verse 30. So if I enter a link for "Dan 3:29-34" in my user tool I get the canonical text Dan 3:29-30.

I have some texts in my Accordance Library which include the apocrypha, but that doesn't seem to help. I've tried various known biblical reference forms for the passage, but Accordance doesn't seem to recognise any of them.

Can someone conduct me into this mystery, please :) Thanks.

Hi Lance,

I've just had a quick play and I think I may have found the solution.

Firstly you need a search window with only an apocrypha text on it's own with no other books included.

The Bible text I used to preform the search was the KJVA. This text I'm pretty certain comes standard in Accordance.

In the search box enter your passage, "Dan 3:29-34" and hit the search button. The passage should be displayed below.

Then go back to where you entered your search, highlight your search, "Dan 3:29-34" and right click.

At the bottom of the popup menu is the option "Copy as user tool link". Click that.

Then go to your user tool edit window, paste the link, should then look something like this only in blue: [KJVA, V, Dan 3:29-34]

click update.

Hopefully that works.

Ben

Awesome, Ben. (Fellow Aussie too, I see ... ) Thanks very much for the trouble. The power of this application seems never-ending :)

Thanks to you, too, Helen.

Good on yer, Ben. I was thinking that this only worked for tools, not texts.

No worries,

I had the user tool open working on a sermon for Sunday and thought I would give it a try.

the user tool is just so good. Go Accordance!!!

Archived