Did this guy use Accordance? ;)

Chuck Schneider

Sometimes there are possibilities with Accordance that I just don't have the vision to appreciate. For example, when somebody brought up the idea of listing proper names, I thought, "okay, it is interesting to see how this might be possible, but it wasn't really that interesting".

But then, while watching this video, I couldn't help thinking about how Accordance could have made some of the speaker's charts possible and how useful and truly interesting this feature might be in the specific context.

I actually think it's quite likely he used Accordance. He didn't take his graphs from Accordance directly, but he definitely could have derived the info from Accordance graphs. I'm also not sure anyone else has the grammatically-tagged Apocryphal Gospels module that we do (though we might have licensed them to others). Perhaps the most telling clue is that his text citations included the verse numbers in the body of the citation, but the verse numbers were missing at the beginning of the citation. Maybe that's just how he wanted the citation to appear, but it is an idiosyncrasy of our Copy as Citation which has only recently been changed in response to user feedback.

Whether he used Accordance or not, it was a very interesting lecture. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Archived