Citation copy problems

Monty Lee

I continually have problems with Copy As > Copy as Citation with Accordance adding extra spaces. For example, the verse:

I don't have the space before 22 when I try it. The reason there are three spaces after 22 is that marks the beginning of a paragraph in the text. If you look in your print Bible, vv22 & 24 begin a new paragraph. If you have the preference set to copy as a block, it will still indicate the initial paragraph indentation. If the three spaces are not desirable, just do a search and replace in your word processing program to find the 3 spaces and replace with one space.

When copying a citation, you don't need the superscripts, they are superfluous for that purpose.

Others may have additional thoughts. Hopefully, something will help you out.

I don't have the space before 22 when I try it. The reason there are three spaces after 22 is that marks the beginning of a paragraph in the text. If you look in your print Bible, vv22 & 24 begin a new paragraph. If you have the preference set to copy as a block, it will still indicate the initial paragraph indentation. If the three spaces are not desirable, just do a search and replace in your word processing program to find the 3 spaces and replace with one space.

When copying a citation, you don't need the superscripts, they are superfluous for that purpose.

Others may have additional thoughts. Hopefully, something will help you out.

I for one STRONGLY disagree that when copying citations you do not need superscripts. That is PRECISELY what I need and want - and it is the way they are actually given in Bibles. Every printed Bible I have has the numbers superscripted, so when I copy a citation that is how it should appear in the copy - exactly as in the Bible. I love Accordance but they really need to fix this.

In Christ,

Bret

I don't have the space before 22 when I try it.

I do, which is why I posted the problem requesting help.

The reason there are three spaces after 22 is that marks the beginning of a paragraph in the text. If you look in your print Bible, vv22 & 24 begin a new paragraph. If you have the preference set to copy as a block, it will still indicate the initial paragraph indentation. If the three spaces are not desirable, just do a search and replace in your word processing program to find the 3 spaces and replace with one space.

Why should there be an extra step in a word processor when it should be able to be configured in the program? I also said that even if I drag from the start of text, I still get the problem. So it doesn't matter if it is the start of a paragraph or not.

Obviously that is your opinion, but mine is similar to many others that it is desired. I use the verses on my overheads so people can follow along. I have to manually edit them since Accordance does not allow for it.

Well I certainly didn't mean to inspire so much venom. I was only offering a possible solution to your problem.

Guess i should have not made any comments

Well I certainly didn't mean to inspire so much venom. I was only offering a possible solution to your problem.

Guess i should have not made any comments

My wife (wisely) tells me never to send an email until she's approved it as I am very abrupt in my comments (comes from the military where the need to get right to the point).

So I apologize for the abruptness. What I was trying to post is "How do I configure Accordance so I don't get the spaces?" That's all I really was trying to do. If you don't get the preceding space, how do you have it setup in the Preferences?

As for the triple space, that should be configurable in Accordance also. Same for the superscript, but that is a completely different issue.

My issue is how to get rid of the spaces.

So thanks for you insight.

Monty, are you running 9.3.3? There were a slew of citation bug fixes in that update. This is the exact result of my copy as citation:

In both cases, I have checked 'Remove superscripts', so they do not occur. Including them adds them at the appropriate places, though not in the superscript style. We are looking into maintaining this style when exporting.

I am really glad to hear that you all are looking into the superscripts being maintained. That would be wonderful!

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

Archived