How do I search for the same word in several tabs?

Levi Durfey

I have a workspace name "Dictionaries" with several dictionaries in separate tabs: Holman, IVPs, etc. I know that I can amplify to the dictionary workspace from a text and it will search in all the tabs.

What I want to be able to do is to search for a word across all the tabs without amplifying from a text. The best I can do is to search for a word in one dictionary and then amplify from that dictionary to the other dictionaries (two steps). Anything faster, or is that it?

If you set each of the tab's search contents to [LINK Dictionary1], where Dictionary1 is the name of the first tab's dictionary, as you update the search in one dictionary it will update in all of the others. So, you can just keep that workspace open, amplify to that first dictionary or type in the search, then have all of your other dictionaries updated.

Example (using zones rather than tabs so you can see them all):

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joel,

I have a user workspace set up with Bible texts in a zone to the left, dictionaries in a zone in the center, and Hebrew tools in a zone to the right.

I've been wondering how I can link all the dictionaries in the central zone to the main search text on the left - which is currently HCSBS. I see in your screen shot that you've been able to link two dictionaries back to the original dictionary, but is it possible to link all those dictionaries back to the HCSBS text rather than having to individually search all of the dictionaries again, or searching them as a favorite group again? Thank you!!!

If the first dictionary is the Greek Keys, and recyclable, it will update with a triple-click on the word, and the other Greek dictionaries will follow it. You would need a similar set-up for the Hebrew Keys. For English words in a text tagged with Strong's numbers, the option-triple-click will go to the top English dictionary in the menu, so make that your first dictionary.

Archived