Full Screen Button for Lion

David Knoll

At the moment I can toggle with a trackpad gesture only between Applications that have the full screen button at the top right corner of the window. I was wondering if it would be too difficult to add that button to Accordance....

I'm curious about this, too. One issue would be, of course, the floating pallets. I also wonder if Accordance would have to be re-written in Cocoa to accomplish this.

I'm curious about this, too. One issue would be, of course, the floating pallets. I also wonder if Accordance would have to be re-written in Cocoa to accomplish this.

That's Sumerian to me. I like cocoa though. Dutch is the best in my opinion. :D

• Like 1

Full screen is also available for Carbon apps but as Robb said we would have to figure out what to do with the floating palettes.

Scott.

A temporary(?) workaround is to use slideshow mode (command-shift-s) to go full screen. Obviously, this isn't using Lion's feature, but it is a way to experience Accordance full screen.

At the moment I can toggle with a trackpad gesture only between Applications that have the full screen button at the top right corner of the window. I was wondering if it would be too difficult to add that button to Accordance....

I'd like to add my vote for this feature. I would love to work on Accordance in the new Full Screen mode. I would encourage the Accordance folks to re-think the UI for that mode as well--in a similar way to the way in which iPhoto is quite different looking in Full-Screen, Accordance could benefit from that kind of make-over. "Floating" panels could maybe end up as slide-ins from the side or top, or something.

Someone just explained to me how this can be achieved without the button in case anyone is interested.

You go to "Mission Control" you move the mouse to the upper right corner. A "plus" appears. You click on it and a new space is created. You Drag the Accordance lamp from the centre of the mission control to the space. Now you can use a gesture to move to and from Accordance.

Someone just explained to me how this can be achieved without the button in case anyone is interested.

You go to "Mission Control" you move the mouse to the upper right corner. A "plus" appears. You click on it and a new space is created. You Drag the Accordance lamp from the centre of the mission control to the space. Now you can use a gesture to move to and from Accordance.

That's been available (in one form or another) since Leopard (10.5). It's basically just assigning Accordance to its own desktop/space. It doesn't achieve a true full screen view, though.

Full screen is also available for Carbon apps but as Robb said we would have to figure out what to do with the floating palettes.

Well, it's interesting to see how it's done with the Lion-updated versions of Page and Keynote. Both use an inspector, which would be similar to Accordance's pallets in that they are free-floating windows. When viewed in full-screen mode, Pages hides the Inspector, but Keynote retains it. However, the Inspector in Pages can be accessed within fullscreen mode if needed by moving the mouse to the top of the screen and accessing it from the menu that drops down. I assume this is not a accidental conflict in design but is so because it would be nearly impossible to use Keynote without constant access to the Inspector, as opposed to a word processing program like Pages in which one primarily writes.

All that to say, there's no reason why floating windows couldn't be available in Accordance in a fullscreen mode.

On the other hand, I'm not so certain what benefit it would give. And I must say that I'm very disappointed that two monitors are useless when a program is used in fullscreen mode. The second monitor simply becomes inaccessible, which is a waste!

Well, it's interesting to see how it's done with the Lion-updated versions of Page and Keynote. Both use an inspector, which would be similar to Accordance's pallets in that they are free-floating windows. When viewed in full-screen mode, Pages hides the Inspector, but Keynote retains it. However, the Inspector in Pages can be accessed within fullscreen mode if needed by moving the mouse to the top of the screen and accessing it from the menu that drops down. I assume this is not a accidental conflict in design but is so because it would be nearly impossible to use Keynote without constant access to the Inspector, as opposed to a word processing program like Pages in which one primarily writes.

All that to say, there's no reason why floating windows couldn't be available in Accordance in a fullscreen mode.

Are floating windows/palettes the sacred cow of accordance? Why not unify the window? It's been done in much more complicated programs than Accordance (FCP-FCPX, etc...).

Not sure how everyone uses the floating palettes, but I usually arrange them and then don't generally move them around. Understanding that everyone uses them differently, I'd be up a full screen button when pressed seems to attach the palettes to the window and then detach them when you come out of full screen mode. Just not sure how that would all come together. May make things look messy.

We certainly have plans to offer a full screen mode, and to consolidate the palettes. We just didn't want to keep everyone waiting to get what we had already done, while we added another slew of new features. Some people think we should save all our new features for the next major rev, but we're so excited about each one that we cannot bear not to share them with you as soon as we can.

Which is yet another reason we love Accordance, Helen http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

We certainly have plans to offer a full screen mode, and to consolidate the palettes. We just didn't want to keep everyone waiting to get what we had already done, while we added another slew of new features. Some people think we should save all our new features for the next major rev, but we're so excited about each one that we cannot bear not to share them with you as soon as we can.

• Like 2

Which is yet another reason we love Accordance, Helen http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Amen to that!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I still don't find the fullscreen-button in Accordance 10. Are there plans for implementing it?

Or am I just too blind to find it?

• 2 months later...

This feature is still awaiting some underlying programming.

As someone with a 13" MBA, I am really looking forward to this feature. Is there any kind of timeline?

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to this feature. Hopefully it's set to release in the near future.

• 3 months later...

<Bump> Me for this feature too!