9.4 installed with Lion, can't locate modules

Davidww

I just installed 9.4 after installing Lion this morning, and when I start up Accordance none of my modules can be found. Have they been wiped? Anyone else have the same problem?

Sent you an email offering to take a look at the situation.

Thanks very much for the help Helen.

The problem was that Accordance could not see its own support folder (invisible in user, inaccessible from the hard drive). I reinstalled Accordance and chose user only, then manually copied all the modules and preference files across from application support on the hard drive, to application support in the user folder (I had to make those files visible first). Instructions from here: http://www.mikesel.info/show-hidden-files-mac-os-x-10-7-lion/

All running fine now.

So it seems that Lion requires installation for that user only? Anyone else have this issue.

BTW, once you could see the user/Library there was no need to reinstall, just move the Accordance folder from Hard Drive/Library/Application Support to user/Library/Application Support.

Clarifications on Lion:

1. Accordance does work with the files in the domain/Library/Application Support (where it is accessible to all users). We are looking into the question of finding modules when the path is lost.
  2. You can view the files in the user's Library by using Go To Folder in the Go menu of the Finder (shift-command-G), and entering ~/Library. There is no need to make the folder visible.

So it seems that Lion requires installation for that user only? Anyone else have this issue.

BTW, once you could see the user/Library there was no need to reinstall, just move the Accordance folder from Hard Drive/Library/Application Support to user/Library/Application Support.

I downloaded the installer for 9.4 and pulled the 9.4RC4 out of the applications folder. Installation went fine, but Accordance keeps prompting me for NAS95S. I navigate to MacBookPro/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts -- but the open button in the Accordance Dialog window is grayed out. I am stuck.

I left 9.4 RC in the applications folder and simply renamed it (accordance.app2). I made sure that I still had 9.3.3 in the applications folder and renamed it accordance.app. Once that was done I was able to use the 9.4 installer and had no issues whatsoever other than the fact that the widget no longer works.

Andy:

The Open button is dimmed, even when you select NAS95S? Is it there to be selected? Is it also dimmed?

Andy:

The Open button is dimmed, even when you select NAS95S? Is it there to be selected? Is it also dimmed?

There it is. I thought it was asking for the enclosing folder. Everything is OK now.

Thanks!

Except, whenever I select a new text or tool the same dialog comes up. This will take hours of work selecting every text and tool before Accordance can use it.

You can use control-up and down arrows to quickly bring up each module in the menu of a window. It doesn't take hours. BUT it shouldn't be necessary. Did you move the Accordance folder, or create another one in the other Application Support? I'll be glad to screenshare to work things out.

You can use control-up and down arrows to quickly bring up each module in the menu of a window. It doesn't take hours. BUT it shouldn't be necessary. Did you move the Accordance folder, or create another one in the other Application Support? I'll be glad to screenshare to work things out.

I did not move the Accordance folder. Is this the correct place?

Domain/Library/Application Support/Accordance/

It seems that the path should be learned after locating a text or tool instead of repeating this 335 times.

Maybe I should move the Accordance folder to Home/Library/Application Support/Accordance

Do you already have a Home/Library/Application Support/Accordance? If so, that may be the problem. Can we screenshare to look at this?

Do you already have a Home/Library/Application Support/Accordance? If so, that may be the problem. Can we screenshare to look at this?

Yes I do, but the Modules and Gloss folders are empty. The Accordance Preferences folder has 5 preference files.

Is this as it should be? I can move the Accordance folder from the root library to here and place the preference files back in.

That's the problem then, you reinstalled Accordance and chose only this user (or Lion chose it for you). I think if you get rid of that folder, Accordance will go back to looking for your modules where they are, and not need to be redirected.

That's the problem then, you reinstalled Accordance and chose only this user (or Lion chose it for you). I think if you get rid of that folder, Accordance will go back to looking for your modules where they are, and not need to be redirected.

That solved it. Thanks, so much!

Archived