Bookmarks

DAGSBTS

I appreciate the update to 1.3; it has some significant enhancements. At the same time, I was hoping bookmarking would be added. I find the lack of this feature to be a real impediment to using the app for reading books. Please add bookmarks soon.

I appreciate the update to 1.3; it has some significant enhancements. At the same time, I was hoping bookmarking would be added. I find the lack of this feature to be a real impediment to using the app for reading books. Please add bookmarks soon.

While 1.3 doesn't have explicit bookmarking, it does remember your location in each module, which essentially gives you the same result. In fact, this is actually easier than having to bookmark your place in every resource.

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

While 1.3 doesn't have explicit bookmarking, it does remember your location in each module, which essentially gives you the same result. In fact, this is actually easier than having to bookmark your place in every resource.

Jonathan

Real bookmarks would be good for the public Bible readings where I need to jump from one Bible reference to the next quickly.

• 1 month later...

I am adding my request for bookmarks.

Particularly when I am leading bible studies, and when I have a text that I am focusing on for the week, it is very nice to have bookmarks to quickly move to a particular text no matter how much I have been jumping around.

Any plans for this?

I am adding my request for bookmarks.

Particularly when I am leading bible studies, and when I have a text that I am focusing on for the week, it is very nice to have bookmarks to quickly move to a particular text no matter how much I have been jumping around.

Any plans for this?

Yes. But not for the next release.

scott

• 2 weeks later...

A bump and +1 for this. I am tired of losing my place in various modules. Although it is supposed to remember, in practice it forgets far too often and opens to the title page. Even if I do remember exactly where I was it takes a while to find it again sometimes.

+1

+1

I think we're committed to offering these, though probably not in the very next update. I recently read the entirety Fee's How to Select a Translation on my iPhone. I sorely missed both the ability to bookmark and to highlight passages.

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to keep bumping this thread as a reminder to the developers that there are people who would appreciate bookmarking. And it's not just about keeping one bookmark in a text you are reading. It's about being able to quickly jump to a variety of favourite passages - say those you tend to use in ministering to the sick or the like.

Bookmarking is being developed right now. It was not forgotten, the developers just felt that improving the reading and amplifying experinces took higher priority.

• Like 3

Glad to hear this is happening. I do appreciate the improved reading experience but adding bookmarks would add a very significant improvement to the way I use the software.