Key Numbers help

markiez

Is there any way in Accordance that I can do a multi key number search in the search window.

When I type in one key number like [KEY G0928] hit enter. Get I my results no problems. When I try using two or more key numbers like [KEY G0928] [KEY G0930] I get a error message that says " There are no versers in the current range of the "NAS95S text, which fit the current search entry'. Tried many different things but I can't figure this one out. I looked it up in the Accordance help and it says " Using a combination of the steps given above you can search for a single key numbers, or a string of alternative numbers. You can also create a phrase of key numbers, alone or mixed with words" but doesn't give an example of how to do it.

Can someone please help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for either one of those key numbers, just combine them with the command, found under the Search -> Enter Command menu. You can string multiple commands together, or just combine them in a comma separated list within parenthesis. Examples:

[KEY G0928] <OR> [KEY G0930]

([KEY G0928], [KEY G0930])

By not using a command, you are implying that you want them consecutively, as a phrase. This is why the search didn't give you an error, it just reported that this never happens in the text.

Archived