Learning Accordance 9

Kathryn

I just upgraded from Accordance 8 to Accordance 9 a few days ago. After unsuccessfully trying to convert my previous Workspace Files to include Zones, I started a new Workspace File to have the components I had before but with the use of Zones. It did set up Zones for me. However, I don't understand why when I open up the Map, it opens up as a Tab with my various Texts, instead of in a new Zone as it did in the Podacast #39 (Zones). What am I doing incorrectly?

It is possible that your total number of zones (Preferences' General section setting) was at its high watermark. After that number is hit, you'll experience the pre-zone behavior.

Yes, first check the number of zones that are set in your General settings. The Map tab, and some others, have a minimum required width, so they will open in a previous zone or a new workspace if there isn't room to open another zone. Remember that you can drag the tab to the desired location to create a new zone.

Mike & Helen...Thank you for your replies. I did change my zones in Preferences from 4 to 8. However, it will still not let me move the Maps Tab into another Zone. I keep getting the Dialog box that there is no room to move it. Currently I have three Zones set up:

1) English Translations and Notes with several tabs of 6 panes each. This takes up the left half of my workspace.

2) Tools with several tabs of 1 pane each. This takes up the upper half on the right side.

3) Language Tools with several tabs of 1 pane each. This takes up the lower half of the right side.

If I would prefer to have the Map as one of the zones on the right, how do I move one of my current right zones to a tab in the English Tools Zone? I have tried dragging the Zone to the English Tools Zone, but it does not make it a Tab.

Thanks again for your help

Yes, first check the number of zones that are set in your General settings. The Map tab, and some others, have a minimum required width, so they will open in a previous zone or a new workspace if there isn't room to open another zone. Remember that you can drag the tab to the desired location to create a new zone.

I really doubt that your right column is wide enough for the Atlas tab. It all depends on the size of your screen, the size of the workspace, and the number of panes in the left zone. I suggest you invest a little time in watching the podcasts that relate to issues you are working on.

The podcast on Zones would be a good one to watch. Dr. J has to record on a small screen so you can see what is possible in that space.

Archived