Creating lists of parsing information

Richard Liantonio

I am wondering if anyone knows how I could make a list that has inflected verb forms with the parsing information. My goal is to create an extensive collection of parsing exercises with answers.

Here's what I've done so far. I have a search in the BHS-W4 as follows:

[VERB qal] <OR> [VERB nifal] <OR> [VERB piel] <OR> [VERB pual] <OR> [VERB hifil] <OR> [VERB hofal] <OR> [VERB hitpael] @- [HITS BHS-W4]

[HITS BHS-W4] is all words that occur less than 99 times. I'm trying to make the exercises come from more common verbs.

Is there any way I can extract from this a list of each inflected form with its parsing information, similar to the way I can get a list of all the vocabulary words with definitions?

Thanks!

You can do this with any search, but I would have made the search rather simpler, a single tab with [VERB] @ [COUNT 99-10000].

Then select Analysis from the Details pop-up menu on the tab (button with the bar chart), and set the display (command-T) of the Analysis to show, in the first column:

LEX

INFLECT

TAG

or

LEX

Stem

INFLECT

TAG

The latter will sort the forms by stem under each lemma. It's a long list as there are 53 thousand hits!

Archived