Typing in Greek

Evan Hershman

This will probably mark me off as a complete newbie, but can anyone direct me to where I can learn how to input/type in the Greek font in Accordance so that I can do Greek searches, as well as use it in word processing to put in my school papers? I'm going to be writing some exegesis of Galatians soon, and it will be useful/essential to be able to write Greek characters in my documents...

This will probably mark me off as a complete newbie, but can anyone direct me to where I can learn how to input/type in the Greek font in Accordance so that I can do Greek searches, as well as use it in word processing to put in my school papers? I'm going to be writing some exegesis of Galatians soon, and it will be useful/essential to be able to write Greek characters in my documents...

If you search the Accordance website for "accordance fonts", you'll find a pdf file with a guide to both Greek and Hebrew character input. The character palatte (under "window" in the menu bar) in the Accordance program can also help you input the Greek characters and will tell you which keys correspond to the letters if you hover the mouse over the character in the palette.

Jonathan

Make sure you have the Greek Polytonic keyboard input switched on first -- go to System Preferences > Language & Text > Input Sources to do that. Then in the drop-down menu with the country flags (e.g. USA for US English), choose Keyboard Viewer to see what keypresses will get you the letters/accents desired.

Archived