• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

And Helen just today another user a couple days back still far too soon to make any predictions.. but work is going along fine.

-Dan

#22 romans6

romans6

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

I am super excited about this as I use Mac for my computer and Android for my phone/tablet needs (largely because of financial constraints). I eagerly await the day that I can pull up Accordance instead of my other Bible software on my phone or tablet when I am in the grocery store or something :)

#23 Bud Lengtat

Bud Lengtat

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:the Bible
    my wife and kids (sons and daughters-in-law) and grandkids

Rubik's Cubes and similar twisty puzzles

birds and other critters, especially those that hang out at my place
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

I have been a long time Accordance owner on Macs. I have also used Accordance on an iPhone. I recently was given a Kindle Fire for Father's Day and want a good Bible app or two on it. Of course if I could use Accordance on it, that would be great, but I can't. Maybe someone can advise me.

You know how with Accordance for iOS when you hold on a word using the ESVi a little box opens with info about the original language? Is there an app for the Fire that does a similar thing? I've tried Wordsearch Bible, Olive Tree, Logos, Gateway, and more to no avail. Is it because I have purchased modules for Accordance that give this capability, and I am using free versions of the rest?

#24 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

I know you can do that on Olivetree if you buy a strongs tagged bible or the NIVGKE

If you do not mind the KJV I think Online Bible  has it for free... i have seen their iOS version but know there is a Android version out there too... Maybe you will have your accordance on it sooner than later... I wish I could tell you it was only weeks away.. but accordance staff said no announcement will be made before they are BETA ready.....  http://www.onlinebibleapp.com

-Dan

EDIT: Going to my iPad and trying OLB, you have to have the S# turned on meaning you have clickable numbers after each word... I know less than ideal but it is free...

Edited by Dan Francis, 14 June 2016 - 06:33 PM.

• Bud Lengtat likes this

#25 Bud Lengtat

Bud Lengtat

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:the Bible
    my wife and kids (sons and daughters-in-law) and grandkids

Rubik's Cubes and similar twisty puzzles

birds and other critters, especially those that hang out at my place
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

Thank you Dan. As much as I would like to have an app that does what I want on the Fire, I think I will wait for Accordance. In the meantime, if I want to be checking words in the text I will use the MacBook or iPhone versions of Accordance.

#26 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:heritage homes, antiques, gardens, fresh food, good coffee, live music, ויין אשר ישמח לבב אנוש (Ps 104,15)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

I've tried Wordsearch Bible, Olive Tree, Logos, Gateway, and more . . .

Hi Bud,

Did you try MySword? It’s free, and if you donate for the Premium version you can hide Strong’s numbers.

http://www.mysword.info/

Regards,

Michel

Michel G. Distefano, Ph.D.

Accordance Desktop 12.3 beta on Mac mini, Mojave, 10.14

Accordance iOS 2.7.2 on iPad mini
Accordance Android 1.2.1 on Huawei 6.0.1

#27 JacobGamber

JacobGamber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

My only goal for this post is to express my excitement for Accordance becoming available to Android.  I own Samsung devices, and I would benefit greatly from being able to use Accordance on them.  I love my Accordance program, and I know I will make even better use of it when it comes to Android.  I hope your work goes smoothly, and I look forward to hearing a release date.  God bless.

#28 Daniel K

Daniel K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:40 PM

Very excited to hear there is work on this.  Looking forward to finding out how the development is going.  I would very much appreciate accordance on android.  

#29 rcdeacon

rcdeacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

I also am waiting anxiously for the Android version (preferably for the Kindle Fire). Due to my former carrier I changed carriers and had to change phones. Additionally I purchased a Kindle Fire (great price). Now I simply wait! 

Bob Deacon

2017 MacBook Air, Accordance 12

MacOs 10.14 Mojave Public Beta

Ipad Air 2

IOS 12 Public Beta

Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 10 Spring 2018 Edition

Interim Pastor

Buckhorn Baptist Church

Como, NC

#30 moshe

moshe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hey

You can try this app, the app is suitable for studying and exploring the Bible, it includes commentaries and translations for every verse, from Rashi, Rashbam, Onkelos and others (Jewish content)

The app is available for free in both Hebrew and English and for Android and iOS.

Link: https://www.thebiblecommentary.com/download

#31 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Accordance is pretty far along on development. the even sneak previewed it at SBL late last year, so it hopefully be out pretty soon.

dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users