Page Turning

D. Cyril Marlatt

I, too, would dearly love to see page-based turning (whether horizontally or vertically) as an option in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that when the latest iOS update came out that the screen that came up introducing new features was not a long scroll down but was paginated, as requested here many times. Please implement this feature as an option. Here is the rationale in the event it is necessary: http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2012/11/01/pagination/ #loveaccordancebutgettingimpatient

I noticed that when the latest iOS update came out that the screen that came up introducing new features was not a long scroll down but was paginated, as requested here many times. Please implement this feature as an option. Here is the rationale in the event it is necessary: http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2012/11/01/pagination/ #loveaccordancebutgettingimpatient

The rationale is not necessary, and thanks for your continued patience. :)

Even though the new tutorial screens are navigated by swipe, they are not at all similar to the work required to implement 'pagination' in text views. My understanding is that this will not be difficult to implement; I'm just pointing out that there is no corollary to the tutorial screens and pagination.

That said, keep in mind this was a 'dot' release; intended only to fix bugs and ensure compatibility with the upcoming release of iOS 7.1. We did not introduce any new features. Pagination is still on the list, but right now arbitrary text selection is our top priority, which is in active development.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Still patiently waiting, but losing hope.

Hope is not lost. If anyone wants this more than you, it's me. We just have other items higher in priority. As I've said before, the next major release will focus on arbitrary text selection which is absolutely key, and opens up the ability to address other heavily requested enhancements or features. Page turning will likely come after that.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

• Like 1

I agree that on ARBITRARY SELECTION vs PAGE TURNING the more important one is selection.

Can you tell us some near-future revelation...pls? Just to dream...

• Like 1

Yes arbitrary selection will be an eagerly anticipated enhancement.

• 2 weeks later...

If you do include page turning, are you considering making it compatible with an air turn so we can use our hands to be expressive and turn the pages with our feet? ;o) http://airturn.com

• 5 months later...

Any movement on this since May?

I have now invested heavily into the Accordance software to help me through my theology degree, I would love this option in the iOS app. Just like it is implemented in the iBooks app.

Keep up the great work though guys.

Edited by Markgreaves

Any movement on this since May?

I have now invested heavily into the Accordance software to help me through my theology degree, I would love this option in the iOS app. Just like it is implemented in the iBooks app.

Keep up the great work though guys.

There's been a lot of "movement" in iOS development, but not with page swiping. In addition to the 2.0 major features (text selection among them), there's been a lot of working going into ensuring the new v. 11 user notes (*.amynotes) are both readable and able to be synced.

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

I look forward to this when it comes; thanks for always being quick to let us know, Rick!

• 2 weeks later...

Idea for paging: perhaps it would be easier in the interim to implement a paging that is similar to the spacebar and SHIFT-spacebar method in the desktop app. Something like a double-tap on a particular zone to move to the next 'screen' of text. (example of zones for the double-tap: bottom right zone for down / bottom left for up.)

My 0.02. :)

When page turning gets implemented it will be the standard iOS gesture and animation.

• Like 2

Scott in Dec 2012 you posted "Page turning did not make it into the next version (1.6) but is still planned for a future release." - Scott Knapp, 13 December 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Any news on when we can expect this?

• 11 months later...

I saw that this request is a long-awaited desire from many Accordance iOS users. I am also looking forward to see very soon this future for reading the Bible on my iPad.

Please make this future a reality in your next iOS update!!!

• Like 1

November 4, 2011: "It's on the future features list and (slowly) moving up in priority with every request. But it won't be in the next release." Have been waiting for over four years now. Don't feel like this request is being taken seriously. I love Accordance but don't get why this keeps getting put off. 

Jeff, our iOS development team has undergone some changes and many challenges. It's a tall task to keep the mobile app compatible with an ever-changing system, and a constantly developing Accordance. In addition, not all our users are in favor of allowing page turning. Many are asking for other features to be added first. The team does its best to prioritize, but we appreciate your patience if the feature on the top of your list isn't the next one to be added.

• 2 months later...

I would love to see this option added... I just find it more natural to read a page and then jump to the next.

Considering this thread was started literally 5 years ago in 2011 I think it's fair to say it's not worth holding breathe on this one ;)

Since people are voting I put in a -1

I understand some people might like to emulate a traditional book style of reading, however scrolling for reading is probably the number one reason which drove my switch from Logos to Accordance!

I've always said I'd like scrolling vs page turning to be a user option. Of course, I'm no developer, so I don't know how difficult it would be to implement as an option.

• Like 1