56 replies to this topic

#41 tim.ministry

tim.ministry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

I saw that this request is a long-awaited desire from many Accordance iOS users. I am also looking forward to see very soon this future for reading the Bible on my iPad.

Please make this future a reality in your next iOS update!!!

• jeremyduncan likes this

#42 JeffCheadle

JeffCheadle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

November 4, 2011: "It's on the future features list and (slowly) moving up in priority with every request. But it won't be in the next release." Have been waiting for over four years now. Don't feel like this request is being taken seriously. I love Accordance but don't get why this keeps getting put off. 

#43 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,676 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:37 AM

Jeff, our iOS development team has undergone some changes and many challenges. It's a tall task to keep the mobile app compatible with an ever-changing system, and a constantly developing Accordance. In addition, not all our users are in favor of allowing page turning. Many are asking for other features to be added first. The team does its best to prioritize, but we appreciate your patience if the feature on the top of your list isn't the next one to be added.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#44 ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Gotta admit, I'd like to see this added as well.

www.peytoncommunitychurch.org

#45 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

Saw this on AirTurn and it reminded me about this thread.

http://www.airturn.c...pages-in-ibooks

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#46 hayesy

hayesy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

+1 for this!

#47 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

I would love to see this option added... I just find it more natural to read a page and then jump to the next.

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.11.

#48 jeremyduncan

jeremyduncan

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

Considering this thread was started literally 5 years ago in 2011 I think it's fair to say it's not worth holding breathe on this one ;)

#49 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

Since people are voting I put in a -1

I understand some people might like to emulate a traditional book style of reading, however scrolling for reading is probably the number one reason which drove my switch from Logos to Accordance!

#50 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,037 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

I've always said I'd like scrolling vs page turning to be a user option. Of course, I'm no developer, so I don't know how difficult it would be to implement as an option.
  • hayesy likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Sierra/macOS Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2017 iPhone X - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB, Android OS 7.0

#51 David Voth

David Voth

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:music, web design, photography, Spanish

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:46 PM

I'm surprised that with the length of time, number of requests for it and comments that imply it is on its way that it isn't available yet. Perhaps there are technical reasons for it, but I don't understand the resistance to implementing it. There are apps that do this allowing either scrolling or a page view and with Accordance usually implementing so many features and options this would allow people to read in there preferred way.

• JeffCheadle and hayesy like this

David Voth

#52 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:04 AM

In most cases i prefer scrolling but if we are going to have the ability to have pages, getting it work with air turn as you can in kindle and iBooks would be useful.

Practical examples are when playing the guitar, flute or violin leading the congregation in singing, or the priest leading the liturgy turning pages with their foot when using their hands to bless the congregation after absolution or the bread and wine during communion.

With accordance i can imagine getting into one of the stories, lying back on a couch, glass of wine in one hand and long garlic baguette in the other, reading about Jesus being dined and having his feet annointed...

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#53 JeffCheadle

JeffCheadle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

Thank you, David Voth, for reminding the team that we have been waiting for years— literally— for a page turn option. 

#54 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,676 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:05 AM

I know page turning has been requested for years, and I am sure it is on the list. The team have to make decisions as to priority, and keeping up with the ever-changing iOS has had to be at the top of the list. That, and staying compatible with the updates to Accordance have left little time for programming major new features.

It's rather ironic that before Accordance came to the iOS five years ago, our users were just begging for a reader. All you wanted, you said, was to be able to read your Accordance modules on the iPhone and iPad. We gave you that and much more, and we are happy that you use the app and want to see it improve. So do we, but we must ask for your continued patience until your favorite new feature finally gets released.

• Michael J. Bolesta, Julia Falling, Paul Meiklejohn and 1 other like this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#55 David Voth

David Voth

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:music, web design, photography, Spanish

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Thanks Helen for the response. I do appreciate having the iOS version of Accordance and the work that is being done.

David Voth

#56 allporc

allporc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

Hi all,

To Helen's comment, my position may be interesting. I'm no bible scholar, just an invested layman, but when I see things like the ZEC on sale for $10 a volume, I'm tempted to invest! However, for me I'm just looking for a good reading experience that allows the use of some awesome resources at a reasonable price. I want to see subtitles (the option yes/no would be fantastic!!), I like traditional page turning (option), and double columns (option).

For my money the primary competition is Olive Tree, not Logos or Bible Works. Olive Tree has the same deals (often more of them), but their selection is a bit slower in updating (sometimes a lot slower) than Accordance. One example, they're only offering 5 of the ZEC volumes rather than the 8 available here.

I'm currently torn between the two, I bought the Bible Study package 2 years ago with because the resources were so great, but I never use accordance on a traditional computer, only ipad. I do most of my reading in Olive Tree based on reading preferences, but I really like some of the options provided by Accordance. I guess I'm just saying that there may be a different user group using the iOS app than was originally requesting it.

I may be wrong though, I totally understand cost/benefit considerations.

#57 spencer.

spencer.

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Twitter:@spencerclrk
  • Interests:Gospel origins

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

+1 I'm using the ESV app right now because the reading experience is much nicer (including a "reading mode" with no verse numbers).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users