Page Turning

D. Cyril Marlatt

I'm surprised that with the length of time, number of requests for it and comments that imply it is on its way that it isn't available yet. Perhaps there are technical reasons for it, but I don't understand the resistance to implementing it. There are apps that do this allowing either scrolling or a page view and with Accordance usually implementing so many features and options this would allow people to read in there preferred way.

• Like 2

In most cases i prefer scrolling but if we are going to have the ability to have pages, getting it work with air turn as you can in kindle and iBooks would be useful.

Practical examples are when playing the guitar, flute or violin leading the congregation in singing, or the priest leading the liturgy turning pages with their foot when using their hands to bless the congregation after absolution or the bread and wine during communion.

With accordance i can imagine getting into one of the stories, lying back on a couch, glass of wine in one hand and long garlic baguette in the other, reading about Jesus being dined and having his feet annointed...

;o)

Thank you, David Voth, for reminding the team that we have been waiting for years— literally— for a page turn option. 

I know page turning has been requested for years, and I am sure it is on the list. The team have to make decisions as to priority, and keeping up with the ever-changing iOS has had to be at the top of the list. That, and staying compatible with the updates to Accordance have left little time for programming major new features.

It's rather ironic that before Accordance came to the iOS five years ago, our users were just begging for a reader. All you wanted, you said, was to be able to read your Accordance modules on the iPhone and iPad. We gave you that and much more, and we are happy that you use the app and want to see it improve. So do we, but we must ask for your continued patience until your favorite new feature finally gets released.

• Like 4

Thanks Helen for the response. I do appreciate having the iOS version of Accordance and the work that is being done.

Hi all,

To Helen's comment, my position may be interesting. I'm no bible scholar, just an invested layman, but when I see things like the ZEC on sale for $10 a volume, I'm tempted to invest! However, for me I'm just looking for a good reading experience that allows the use of some awesome resources at a reasonable price. I want to see subtitles (the option yes/no would be fantastic!!), I like traditional page turning (option), and double columns (option).

For my money the primary competition is Olive Tree, not Logos or Bible Works. Olive Tree has the same deals (often more of them), but their selection is a bit slower in updating (sometimes a lot slower) than Accordance. One example, they're only offering 5 of the ZEC volumes rather than the 8 available here.

I'm currently torn between the two, I bought the Bible Study package 2 years ago with because the resources were so great, but I never use accordance on a traditional computer, only ipad. I do most of my reading in Olive Tree based on reading preferences, but I really like some of the options provided by Accordance. I guess I'm just saying that there may be a different user group using the iOS app than was originally requesting it.

I may be wrong though, I totally understand cost/benefit considerations.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 I'm using the ESV app right now because the reading experience is much nicer (including a "reading mode" with no verse numbers).

• 1 year later...

Thanks to the Accordance team for making optional page-turning a reality in the latest iOS update. Seriously, thank you! 

• Like 1

+1 I'm using the ESV app right now because the reading experience is much nicer (including a "reading mode" with no verse numbers).

This need a switch in the "All Display Settings". Hopefully it comes for you.

Greetings

Fabian