Would love to use Accordance exclusively but....

Dennis Miller

I switched to Accordance about this time last year because as a long time user of a competitors windows product I was frustrated with the performance and progress of their Mac version. Unfortunately though as much as I like Accordance one resource I had in the other product keeps bringing me back to it and that is the BDAG and because I use it I find myself using the improving competitors product also. I do not want to purchase a resource I already own but for some reason Accordance has not been able to work out a deal with the publisher of this product for a discount rate. I would strongly urge you to do something so I can make my investment in Accordance worth the switch and be able to use it exclusively for my study needs.

As a general principle, if a software licensing agreement permits you to sell and transfer it to another person, that would seem to me to be an option.

Hi, Dennis. I don't understand what you mean when you say:

If you email us, we will see what kind of courtesy crossgrade we can offer you. It has to be limited because the publisher isn't giving us a break.

If you email us, we will see what kind of courtesy crossgrade we can offer you. It has to be limited because the publisher isn't giving us a break.

Helen, who would I contact at the publisher to voice this concern since I've already purchased their product on another platform?

Thanks for the reply!!

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry. I don't have that information.

I now have the BDAG/HALOT in Accordance, thank God and Accordance for the payment plan!! I really want to make Accordance my primary Bible Study tool and now I think I'm there.

One other suggestion, when viewing an entry in the instant display window it would be nice if it were possible to scroll down lengthy entries to continue reading the full text. Maybe it's already possible and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Glad to help. It's much easier to triple-click and read the full entry with the verse ref highlighted, in a separate tab.

Glad to help. It's much easier to triple-click and read the full entry with the verse ref highlighted, in a separate tab.

Greetings. Pursuing the same matter, but somehow my triple-clicking does not work. Is there a way to configure this in Accordance? Or is this a Mac thing (using Magic Mouse).

Thanks

Gerhard

Greetings. Pursuing the same matter, but somehow my triple-clicking does not work. Is there a way to configure this in Accordance? Or is this a Mac thing (using Magic Mouse).

Thanks

Gerhard

You do not need a mac mouse. Are you getting no response at all to triple clicking.

Just for your information the resource that is opened when triple clicking a word depends on the order of your tools in the library. So clicking on a word in a Greek text will open the first Greek lexicon in your lexicon resource list.

The Accordance Help has information about triple clicking - look under the index for triple-click and amplify.

Archived