Some text not displaying

John Brownie

I have a problem in that some text is not displaying. For example, the attached screen shot shows the beginning of the EBC, where the text at the top is invisible. If I select it and copy it, I get:

Frank E. Gaebelein, General Editor

J.D. Douglas, Associate Editor

Preface

And that still seems to be missing things, such as the title. Even worse, the ESVS module is completely blank!

I am up to date with all my modules (just ran the updater) and the application (9.5.1), running on 10.7.2. Is it likely to be a function of having been an Accordance for many years and migrating from computer to computer over the years? What can I do?

John

post-8324-074911800 1321874701_thumb.png

Pretty sure this is a font issue... did it persist after a reboot?

If so, what happens if you change the font? (Display > Set Tool/Text Display)

Pretty sure this is a font issue... did it persist after a reboot?

If so, what happens if you change the font? (Display > Set Tool/Text Display)

Yes, it does appear to be a font issue. My ESVS module was set to display in Arial, and was blank. Switching it to Helvetica fixes things. The EBC was set to Geneva, and bold wasn't showing. Setting it to Helvetica also fixed it.

I am using FontExplorer X Pro to manage my fonts, and it tells me that Geneva doesn't have a bold or italic, just a plain version, which may be the issue. On the other hand, Geneva appears fine in some other modules, though I haven't looked for bold or italic in them.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the direction of a solution. It will take some further experimenting to find out combinations of fonts that work well for me the way I use Accordance, but it's good to be able to see ESVS again!

John

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow-up. It turned out that my Arial fonts had got corrupted. Replacing them seems to have fixed the weirdness of those texts that were using Arial as the display font.

Archived