Old Testament Library

tebel

The Old Testament Library series (Westminster John Knox Press) and its counterpart, New Testament Library, has not as yet been made available in a Bible software program, although I see that a few volumes have been released in Kindle format. In my humble opinion this is the finest critical commentary in the world today. Although the volumes might not be quite as comprehensive, as for example, those in the Anchor Bible series, they are by no means inferior in terms of critical acumen. Classic examples include Boring on Mark and Childs on Exodus. I would like to see the entire set available in Accordance.

The Old Testament Library series (Westminster John Knox Press) and its counterpart, New Testament Library, has not as yet been made available in a Bible software program, although I see that a few volumes have been released in Kindle format. In my humble opinion this is the finest critical commentary in the world today. Although the volumes might not be quite as comprehensive, as for example, those in the Anchor Bible series, they are by no means inferior in terms of critical acumen. Classic examples include Boring on Mark and Childs on Exodus. I would like to see the entire set available in Accordance.

Yes, yes, yes! That said, I own almost all of these in book form, so I'd have to be convinced that it's worth buying them again in digital form.

But I completely agree with the comment

• 1 year later...

I am writing a final paper on Judges for a graduate seminar, and I am collecting commentaries. The Old Testament Library Volumes are excellent, and I have always found them useful no matter what I was writing on or reading about. Having either Susan Nidich's or J. Alberto Soggin's OTL commentary (not to mention the rest of the series!) in digital format would be a HUGE help!

Please, Accordance, do what you can to get an OTL Module!

I totally agree.

I am astonished that no Bible software program has these. The Eichrodt Old Testament Theology volumes alone are worth the effort, plus one gets other volumes by Eichrodt, von Rad, and Brevard Childs. This is some of the very best scholarship of the previous generation.

• 4 years later...

Now available.