Keyboard shortcuts to switch Bible do not work

Stuart Robertson

The keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, etc to switch dictionary or Ctrl+Shift+1, Ctrl+Shift+2, etc to switch Bible text) don't work. That is, they do nothing at all. Is this a known bug? If so, what workaround/s (if any) can I try?

I'm running on OS X 10.7.2, Macbook Pro 17" mid-2010 model.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Might be something in Lion. It works fine in Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro using Accordance 9.5.2.

CTRL-SHFT + or - will cycle through your list of bibles dictionaries, etc ...

CTRL-SHFT 1 through 0 specifies specific bible / dictionary tool etc...

CTRL + or - will cycle the search window's text

CTRL 1-0 will select a specific text as your search text bible

It is all based on what the selected workspace / tab you have selected as to what the commands do.

Is there a way to capture a log file or "debug trace" or whatever to aid developers diagnosing the problem? Also, apart from posting on this particular forum, is there anything else I need to do to report a bug to Accordance?

e-mail tech support at support@accordancebible.com

Or phone at (407) 339-0266

Or snail mail to:

498 Palm Springs Drive, Suite 100

Altamonte Springs, FL 32701 USA

As to logs, not that I know of, but perhaps an official from Accordance can help out.

Seems to be keyboard-map related. I use Colemak (similar to the Dvorak layout). Switching the keyboard to Qwerty (standard US keyboard) works. However, this is not a solution since I type all day using Colemak and can hardly type Qwerty anymore. Other apps with many similar shortcuts (Scrivener, for example) work just fine with the various Apple-provided keyboard layouts so this is looking like a bug.

I'm assuming that Accordance is a Carbon-based app and not a Cocoa-based app -- Carbon has a number of issues with the non-standard keyboard layouts provided by Apple in recent releases. Here's hoping Accordance is using Cocoa...

Have you got multiple desktops (Mission Control in Lion, Spaces in Snow Leopard) active? By default, control + a number is mapped to going to that desktop/space. If so, on Lion, to control that go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts, and select Mission Control on the left, then turn off the appropriate check boxes.

John

Works for me on Lion. I have two spaces open.

Archived